Amcraft or Affinity Windows.

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kendelmar

Amcraft or Affinity Windows.

#1 Post by kendelmar »

Which windows would be better for our situation: 4 replacements windows - 1 very small window in a bathroom, 3 sliders in the mudroom and laundry room. We live in a very old house in eastern PA. 3/4 of the entire house is built of cinder block with stucco on the outside and plaster walls on the inside - there is NO insulation. The windows we are replacing are very old single pane windows and they are in the back and side of the house where they will almost never even be seen. We are looking at:

Amcraft Grand Estate Premium Plus ($2185 installed)
Affinity Advantage (#3103 installed) v
Affinity Elite ($3700 installed).

I'm having trouble with the cost to put 4 super duper windows in a house that isn't insulated. (We have really good windows in the rest of the house). Seems to me that these four windows aren't really going to make any difference in our total AC or heat cost. I want to put in good windows - I don't want junk windows - but I don't need GREAT windows in this situation. Does anybody have any advice for me on these three options? Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Amcraft or Affinity Windows.

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Elite is the best of that bunch by a decent margin.

I have used it previously and its a pretty solid unit all around.

HomeSealed

Re: Amcraft or Affinity Windows.

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1.
Don't go into this with the idea that you don't have insulation so you may as well get a crap window. The efficiency of your entire home should be considered, and therefore you will want a window that will perform well, last, and continue to even when you DO get that insulation addressed down the road.
As WoW said, that Affinity Elite is pretty darn good, and worth the premium IMO.