Okna Install and possible Issues?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tmal14

Okna Install and possible Issues?

#1 Post by tmal14 »

I just had my install done last Friday, and overall I’m very happy with the installation. Good caulk lines, clean lines on the capping, house and yard left clean.

However I had a couple of questions regarding the operation of the windows. Before I call back the installer I wanted to know if it is possible to adjust the tension on a DH 800DX window? I had two installed and one operates smooth and easy where the other one is very stiff when trying to lock or open/close. Almost like you have to push the top up and bottom down to lock. If there is a way to adjust easily I would rather do it myself and waste time with a service call. Plus I will be able to fix in case of future issues.

Also, I had tall sliders installed. There is a slight bowing in the middle, identical in size and length on each of the 4 I had installed. It looks like ) when looking at the windows from the inside. Like I said it’s almost the exact same on each window, so I’m not sure I’m being paranoid or just part of the manufacturing since these sliders are tall. I would like to know if this is normal given the tall height to the windows before I bring up the issue

Any help before I give a call would be much appreciated.

HomeSealed

Re: Okna Install and possible Issues?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I'm sure that your installer would appreciate your trying to save him a trip, but I'm afraid that would probably be best to address your concerns. Both of these items have a "range" of what could be considered normal, but they certainly could be issues in need of action as well.

There is no adjustability to the block and tackle balance system, the difference is more likely due to one window being installed slightly tighter than another, or possibly due to size/weight etc. If the concern is some minor inconsistency between units, it is likely normal. If you are legitimately having difficulty closing or locking a unit(s) however, there is probably something going on that needs to be fixed.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

The windows can vary in tightness based on a number of factors but all are adjustable.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

We just completed an install of 800DX and it seemed like they had less than normal tolerance when closed and locked. Sometimes I have seen this happen when a factory either changes out saw blades or recaliberate things.

I agree that it probably best to ask the installer to stop by and check things out.