Help with a Final Window Decision

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Dittzy

Help with a Final Window Decision

#1 Post by Dittzy »

Hello, I am trying to replace the windows in my mother and fathers house which have not been replaced since they were installed during the build in 1962. We live on the PA Ohio border and unbeknownst to me until now have a large amount of local manufacturers and countless installers in our area. I have been researching the seemingly endless options for weeks now and I am hoping that maybe some third party feedback when it comes to the options I have narrowed it down to may help us make a final decision. Between Joyce, Polaris, Softlite, and Vista brand windows does anyone on the forum have any input as to which they feel are best for a house with minimal insulation in our climate or any personal experience with these brands?

TheWindowNerd

Re: Help with a Final Window Decision

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Softlite is one of the best performing windows available.
Of their products the Imp. LS will do a great job for you.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Soft-Lite is nice as are the upper end windows from Polaris.

The Joyce product isn't bad by any stretch either. They make a pretty solid unit in their upper lines as well.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

The Softlite Elements and LS are good, as is the Polaris Ultraweld. You also have Okna located right in PA, so you have several top performing options available.