Which quality vinyl replacements fall into my price range?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Delaware Mike

Re: Which quality vinyl replacements fall into my price range?

#16 Post by Delaware Mike »

masterext wrote:Patgilm
Who had 10 estimates ?? Thats a record i m i never heard anyone getting that many estimates. I think after 3 or 4, anything more is kind of a waste of time.
Seaway is the best of that group by far.

LOL. Once someone goes past 7 estimates they achieve "Collector" status.

patgilm

#17 Post by patgilm »

Delaware Mike wrote:
Who had 10 estimates ?? Thats a record i m i never heard anyone getting that many estimates. I think after 3 or 4, anything more is kind of a waste of time.
Seaway is the best of that group by far.

LOL. Once someone goes past 7 estimates they achieve "Collector" status.
A little OCD don't you think? I have learned a ton from all of you guys though and if the guys that came out couldn't answer some basic questions on the install that I learned from you all I cut them out. i started out with the Mezzo and ended up with Imperial LS! Thanks to all of you.

Back on topic, congrats to the OP on a great window. Sounds like you guys helped him too.

Delaware Mike

#18 Post by Delaware Mike »

The LS is a very solid window. I've installed them for many years. I had to match up a partial Mezzo job for a referral homeowner who was also getting some Sunrise Vanguards. His wife insisted that the back bedrooms all match and had just had some Mezzo units installed by some random hack installer which why he wasn't in the mix on the current phase.

My local Alside was great to deal with. The product not so much. Very poor quality from the engineering design to the finished product. Thin walled extrusion, ugly locks, bad meeting rail interlock design, cheater foam chimney blocks in the jamb, and loose tolerances. Only good thing that I can say is that they were nice and light to carry.

TheWindowNerd

#19 Post by TheWindowNerd »

In a week we will be installing an Imp LS project.
The home owner choose that line because of laminated glass.
Almost as nice as the 800DX.

TC900

#20 Post by TC900 »

10 quotes LOL. Every company you call to your home will offer you a same day discount....window nation would have also if you let them come out. It's their job to try to earn your business that's how salesmen feed their families. It also cost that person gas money and time to visit you and sit in your home and deliver an in home demonstration... 10 quotes is nonsense. Quality costs no matter where you get it from. People who need to get 10 quotes are just price shoppers who think they can somehow get a high quality product and the best service for the cheapest price..if you want quality you will pay for it around the same price no matter what window or person you choose. Softlite imperial ls,okna800,vytex fortis,sunrise restorations,Thompson creek...all apples to apples quality and prices generally between $600-800 each depending on size and upgrades. If you want a $400-500 window go to Lowes and get a pella250 and see what happens in 5 years.