Harvey Classic

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ctchem

Harvey Classic

#1 Post by ctchem »

Vinyl experts! I posted several days earlier requesting any advice about the Harvey window (classic in particular). Is anyone familiar with the window. I have not received anyfeed.
I have a quote for 4800 to install 16 standard sized windows. That price seems cheap, am I getting what I am paying for, a cheap window. I am also getting a quote for the Ultimate 2000 from Alside.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

PK

#2 Post by PK »

Thats probably the lowest price you will find anywhere on a Classic. The classic is a very nice window, I install them myself. They have a slimline which is slightly cheaper. Im assuming that price doesnt include trim wrap? A nice feature is that Harvey is now offering in addition to plain white, they will paint the exterior as well as the grids your choice of black green cranberry or sable as well as other custom colors. Also they are offering a homeowner coupon for free low/e glass Hope that helps

mike1975

#3 Post by mike1975 »

PK wrote:Thats probably the lowest price you will find anywhere on a Classic. The classic is a very nice window, I install them myself. They have a slimline which is slightly cheaper. Im assuming that price doesnt include trim wrap? A nice feature is that Harvey is now offering in addition to plain white, they will paint the exterior as well as the grids your choice of black green cranberry or sable as well as other custom colors. Also they are offering a homeowner coupon for free low/e glass Hope that helps
PK
I live up in CT and am considering Harvey, where can I find this coupon your mentioning??

PK

#4 Post by PK »

Mike, the coupon just expired! Sorry. The cost of Low E really isnt that significant to be honest with you. I have it built into my price anyways because just about everyone orders lowe/argon on every window.

mike1975

#5 Post by mike1975 »

PK wrote:Mike, the coupon just expired! Sorry. The cost of Low E really isnt that significant to be honest with you. I have it built into my price anyways because just about everyone orders lowe/argon on every window.
PK, thanks, do you have Harvey windows or are you an installer?

I posted earlier regarding whether I should go w/Harvey or Certainteed Byrn Mawr II windows? still unsure and today had a guy come over from advanced window systems and quoted me 6900 for 19 dbl hungs and 1 casement

the harvey windows are 7125 and certainteed 6800...unsure of what to go with, any suggestions???

also, is the argon upgrade worth it? the above prices are just for Low E.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
-Mike

PK

re

#6 Post by PK »

Mike, I am an Installer from just above the state line. FYI Every window I quote, and just about everywindow I order ends up having Low-E/Argon on it. Its a couple bucks more but I believe its worth it. Double low-e/argon is also availible as is a foam filled frame and sash. I believe I saw another post where you were asking about the slimline? The classic and the slimline are essentially the same window, except the classic for a few bucks more has more bells and whistles, cam locks, positive locking aluminum screen. When you get the Low-E/Argon, the two windows have the same U value and R value. If you can stop by one of the Harvey warehouses, or showrooms so you can see them side by side on display the sales people are usually more than happy to assist homeowners. PK