Replacement Windows for the Deep South

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
c2779

Replacement Windows for the Deep South

#1 Post by c2779 »

Hi!

My husband and I are looking to replace some windows and the more research I do online the more confused I get about which brands are the best. I'm in central MS- so we have very hot and extremely humid summers. We have gotten down to 0 degrees the past couple winters, but the average is probably in the high 30s low 40s during the day most of the time.

What are some good mid-range vinyl windows for this climate? I plan on opening/closing them a lot, so want something that will hold up to the abuse.

Thank you!

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement Windows for the Deep South

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Don't think that Okna is down that far but Soft-Lite (Imperial LS and Elements) are good as are Kensington Quantum II, and the upper end Sunrise.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Agree, okna isnt available in mississippi so i would look into WOW's other recommendations.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

what major city ya near?

c2779

#5 Post by c2779 »

Thanks for the suggestions! Major city? Ha! The closest 'big' cities are at least 2 1/2 hours away - Jackson, MS and Birmingham.