Softlite Pro vs. Vytex Fortis

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
pennquaker

Softlite Pro vs. Vytex Fortis

#1 Post by pennquaker »

Trying to make a final decision between Softlite Pro @ $13,500 and Vytex Fortis @ $12,900. Live in mid-atlantic. I've read several threads and the opinions seem to be that the Softlite is solid and Fortis less well known but also decent. Any thoughts are most appreciated.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Softlite Pro vs. Vytex Fortis

#2 Post by masterext »

Both are pretty solid. However, the vytex " fortis will have an advantage as its a little more solid than the soft lite pro with better performance numbers. The fortis is also a very good looking window. The Vytex " potomac" is sharp as well although a little more pricey than fortis.
Vytex, Okna, Soft Lite, and Sunrise are the top tier vinyl window products out there.
Last edited by masterext on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patgilm

#3 Post by patgilm »

Hmm when I was comparing Softlite vs Vytex at the same vendor the Fortis was more comparable to the Imperial LS in both specs and price with the price of the Fortis being a tiny bit lower. The Softlite Pro is a lower model than the Imperial LS so I would think the Pro should be cheaper than the Fortis.

I picked the Imperial LS over the Fortis for minor reasons like looks and locking mechanism but would have picked the Fortis without hesitation (they are local to me too).

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I have never seen or used the Fortis.
I am a SL dealer and I would suggest the Imp LS.
I am also a Okna/HiMark dealer and like the 800DX the best of all.
Sounds like you are looking at the difference between good+ to better.

, all of which will serve you well.

fridge2020

#5 Post by fridge2020 »

I agree with Nerd. LS or Elements, or Okna.
The Pro is outdated and nothign special, and Vytex does not have the cleanest company history with warranty coverage etc.

TC900

#6 Post by TC900 »

Fortis. Better window for a better price