Sunrise Verde Versus Sunrise Vanguard Fiber Reinforced Sash

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Beanboy

Sunrise Verde Versus Sunrise Vanguard Fiber Reinforced Sash

#1 Post by Beanboy »

Starting the process of looking for 20 double hung windows, including 9 which are roughly 32" x 65". The default Sunrise model one of the local installers uses is the Verde, with the Vanguard being somewhere around $180-$200 more per window (will get final pricing difference in a few days).

I've read up on some of the differences between the two lines but the biggest standout for me is the fiberglass reinforced sash.

Looks like the Vanguard and Restoration lines offer it, but the Verde does not; how important is this reinforcement for the prevention of deflection with the relatively narrow frame that Sunrise offers? Does the vertical height of the window/triple pane option sway the decision in anyway based on the increased weight of the glass?

Thanks,
-B

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise Verde Versus Sunrise Vanguard Fiber Reinforced Sash

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

If opting for triple pane, it is a definite must on the Sunrise.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Reinforcement can be overkill on some products, however I'm a big proponent of it on the Sunrise line.

Beanboy

#4 Post by Beanboy »

Thanks for the 411 folks!

Turns out the price increase is smaller ($150) and the window is actually Restorations and not Vanguard, so I think I'll make the jump, even with a double pane.