How are replacement windows priced?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
WindDoze

#16 Post by WindDoze »

What an arrogant jerk!!

jdegeorge

#17 Post by jdegeorge »

I spared you all from the rest of his email, but that little excerpt was the general flavor of the rest of the email.

The salesman who came to the home was pleasant and seemed knowledgable. All the grief and hard sell stuff was from the Sales Manager, who used to be a car salesman.

PS...from what I've been reading, you 2 are either installers or dealers. You seem very honest and forthcoming. Too bad I'm not in Chicago or Minneapolis! :D
Last edited by jdegeorge on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pickles

#18 Post by pickles »

Wow, sounds like you have had a rough time,jdegeorge. I was just recently turned on to this page and I have been following all the drama. I can't believe at this day in age, a company has the nerve to want to actually make money. They are jerks. If you weren't happy with the price, did you ever ask them to go lower? I've never heard of such dishonest ploys to sell a product. Do you think the same tactics might be used when selling cars, houses,or any other product in the United States. This computer that you are reading this message on, did you question the manufacturer on every aspect of where the price came from? I got a news flash for you, it cost a lot more to buy than what it cost to make. Maybe you should takeaapy cut in whatever profession you are in. It's not fair if you make money, right. Isn't that what you are saying about this company? Now it seems you have a personal vendetta against this company. Calling the BBB on them. First of all, you are not their customer. What did they do to you. From your previous posts, it seems like you feel they were mean to you. I'm sure the BBB cares about that. I got an idea, why don't you have your mom call their mom, I think they might get in more trouble. A week of no tv and dessert will really put them in their place. You are not their customer, who cares. Did you give them a deposit that they are refusing to give back? Is there any reason to keep aggravating yourself over this. They lost out by not getting your business, move on.
As for you others chiming in,windowmannynj, windoze, another window guy. I'm sure you don't use any of the same tactics. I'm sure you go into a house and give the customer the windows at cost. No need to make money. Sounds like you guys were just stroking jdegeorge to blow a deal for another guy. It's funny how every other company but your own is sleazy and sneaky. I guess you guys are theonly honest ones out there.
No matter how dishonest you may feel that company got to that price, it still seemed like you were going to get a pretty good deal. Schuco is a much better window than RBA. If you weren't happy or feel comfortable with the company, don't do business with them and leave it at that.

WindDoze

#19 Post by WindDoze »

WindDoze wrote:
jdegeorge wrote: Hey...if they said, "Jim...I'll sell you the windows for $750 each." I'd sign today and tell Andersen not to bother coming tonight.
Did you tell him that? I'd be surprised if he'd let you hang up the phone and not take the deal. Most dealers do want to maintain margins, but at the same time aren't stupid enough to let a deal go away that is profitable. (At least any dealer that understands the concept of marginal cost.)
Hey Pickles...if you had bothered to read the entire thread you'd see that, not only was I not trying to blow the deal for the other guy, I was trying to keep the order with the Schuco guy...since that's what I sell as well.

That being said, I'm all for profit as much as the next guy. I wouldn't have started my own business if I weren't. But unlike this dealer, I don't make a routine of rubbing my customers' noses in it. They know I'm making a profit, and if they feel I offer a fair value proposition they'll buy from me.

You sound like one of those typical tin man blowhards that have given our industry a bad name for far too long.

FenEx

#20 Post by FenEx »

Windoze

Actually, it sounds more like the salesman himself or someone from his company. Don't be fooled by the listed location of the poster. Probably a good thing that jdegeorge didn't mention the name of the dealer here, which after the comments he shared earlier, I thought was pretty darn nice. Bad press goes a long, long way.

Tru_blue

Heh

#21 Post by Tru_blue »

jdegeorge wrote:PS...from what I've been reading, you 2 are either installers or dealers. You seem very honest and forthcoming. Too bad I'm not in Chicago or Minneapolis!
Consider yourself blessed. You don't have to root for the Bears or the Vikings! :lol:

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#22 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Hey, that's hitting below the belt! ......Ban this guy!

HipKat

#23 Post by HipKat »

Go Bills!!

Or is it Go Bradley?????

Sheeeesh........

The only thing I read that made sense was that Schuco were better than RBA....

jdegeorge

Re: Reply

#24 Post by jdegeorge »

:D
Last edited by jdegeorge on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steelersfan

#25 Post by steelersfan »

I agree with you JDEGeorge.

Its deceitful. I woulda done the same thing.

jdegeorge

#26 Post by jdegeorge »

Thanks!

researcher

#27 Post by researcher »

jdegeorge,

I would like to say to you that i have no regrets with Renewal windows we have. It is like you say, no window is perfect. The difference in U-factor between Renewal and Schuco's triple pane is mainly what makes Schuco better and the spacer my be a little better, but in my eyes that's it. Oh and yes, i do like the way the Schuco slider works, but i do not like the looks of the slider, to me it does look like a tank or a military look. It does not look homey, inviting, or cozy to me. The difference between .32 and .22 in U-Factor will save heating fuel needless to say, but not as much as one my be lead to believe unless you live in a very cold climate.

No one knows for sure, but looking at the two materials, virgin vinyl and Fibrex. i feel the Fibrex will be the winner in longevity, but only time will tell.

The service i received from Renewal was first rate and the install was good. On windy days, i do not even know it is windy until i look out the window and see the trees swaying. All my windows are casements with the exception on one picture window or dead light (as the window industry calls it).

You went with your gut feeling and that is the way to go.

If you search my user name on this forum, you will find how the Schuco salesman played with the pricing with me if you are interested.

jdegeorge

#28 Post by jdegeorge »

researcher wrote:If you search my user name on this forum, you will find how the Schuco salesman played with the pricing with me if you are interested.
I've seen your other posts on your experience and know that you can relate to my angst! :-)

FenEx

#29 Post by FenEx »

Although I don't believe the RBA to be an equal of the Schuco, I do believe, given your experience, you made a wise choice. The only way the industry will change is if customers refuse to accept pricing games and poor sales practices. This may make some of you fall over, but given the comments that you received from your dealer, I would have bought the RBA too if these were my choices! You may want to print and frame that statement as I doubt it will be repeated anytime soon.

jdegeorge

Re: Reply

#30 Post by jdegeorge »

FenEx wrote:Although I don't believe the RBA to be an equal of the Schuco, I do believe, given your experience, you made a wise choice. The only way the industry will change is if customers refuse to accept pricing games and poor sales practices. This may make some of you fall over, but given the comments that you received from your dealer, I would have bought the RBA too if these were my choices!
I have seen many of your posts and know that you prefer Schuco over RBA. I know also that you've been following my plight and understand that it's the Schuco dealer and not the window itself that swayed us to chose RBA over Schuco. I value your opinion and appreciate your comments. Thanks!