Energy Armor

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tjcarst

Energy Armor

#1 Post by tjcarst »

Anyone have experience with these

eawindows.com/energy-efficient.htm

For some reason, I am no longer able to search the forums. It would be helpful so I am not re-hashing something that's been discussed.

Windows on Washington

Re: Energy Armor

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Performance numbers are middle of the road.

Don't see any air infiltration data available on the site.

tjcarst

#3 Post by tjcarst »

Thank you!

Middle of line numbers would be ok if also mid level pricing. Will see if I can find AI numbers.

Several mentions of awards on their site, but can't locate them online.

Figured out search issue was related to Firefox. IE can search forums.

tjcarst

#4 Post by tjcarst »

Found a page on their website that says http://www.eawindows.com/energy-efficient.htm
AI 0.04%
U-Value 0.24
SHGC 0.24
Condensation Resistance 66

30% more glass visible with slim line profile.

Wood grain finishes available.

Voted into the Business Hall of Fame and voted Best of Lincoln the past two years.

Customer service ratings must be high. Local. Might be worth a little more research.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Caught an AI rate of .04cfm, however there is no designation of whether that is a double hung, picture window, or casement, or mention of size. Thermals are nothing special as WoW stated, although if the AI is legit for a properly sized double hung, that would be pretty good.

Here's the thing: Energy Armor is an installation company. They do not make the window despite the fact that they try to make it sound that way. Go to nfrc.org and search the certified products directory, there is no manufacturer under that name, and this is why you are not finding anything. Ask the rep who manufactures their product. Could very well be a worthwhile company... or maybe not. If they continue to balk, ask for a CPD number that you can look up at nfrc.org. If they are unwilling to be upfront and honest about that, I'd move on.... And to clarify, I don't have a particular problem with a company using their own Brand to market a product. Nothing wrong with that at all. That said, they should also be willing to provide information about where it is sourced, as after all, the manufacturer themselves are the party that warranties the product.

tjcarst

#6 Post by tjcarst »

On the chart where I obtained the numbers, it was for a double hung triple pain. The AI is mentioned just under the chart.

When I called the company, I was told their brochures contain much more information. The website is still a work in progress. Also have a FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Energy-A ... -and-Doors

If I decide to pursue this company any further, I will definitely get more information.

Sunrise Restorations dealer to come out tomorrow night.

Have quotes from Okna Starmark, and Pella Impervia and 400. Cannot find a Soft-Lite dealer local. I don't really need top of the line windows.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

it would not be a first for a company to talk about double hungs in their literature (or website) but then quote an air infiltration rating from a picture window or something of the sort. Not saying that is the case, just that you definitely need more info.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

Because air infiltration numbers are being inquired about more and more, many companies with less than desirable numbers tend to quote air numbers from a fixed window or a casement. The real test is from a double hung.
That tactic is akin to a company quoting " center of glass " Ufactor opposed to the total Ufactor.

tjcarst

#9 Post by tjcarst »

Thermal Windows manufactures design by EA.

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

Thermal Windows or Thermal Industries?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#11 Post by masterext »

Thermal industries are now called thermal windows.

fridge2020

#12 Post by fridge2020 »

tjcarst wrote:Thermal Windows manufactures design by EA.
Very dated window. Pocket capture sill (the sloped is a snap in piece). They also filed bankruptcy a few years back if i rememebr correctly. It is not an entirley custom window made for that company either. They basically give a few menu options like the sill design where you can tell them which option you want and claim that it is a "custom" window made just for you.

tjcarst

#13 Post by tjcarst »

Thank you for that information.

Windows on Washington

#14 Post by Windows on Washington »

One of the nicer pocket style windows out there but that being said, I am not a fan of pocket style windows in the least.