Simonton Installers in Colorado (South Denver)

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
penaddict

Simonton Installers in Colorado (South Denver)

#1 Post by penaddict »

I don't know if I can post this or not.
I'm looking to get quotes from window installers specifically who specialize in the Simonton brand.
I was given some referrals from neighbors, but those installers don't tend to work with Simonton and I would prefer someone who knows this line. I've done my research and like the Simonton 5500 series.
I did go to the company's web site (Simonton) but I don't know who is reputable and some on the list don't seem to be updated as there's no number, some of the addresses are incorrect and many don't have web sites.
So, if it's okay, can this be posted?
If not, that's fine (I understand).
I live in South Denver (Littleton area).
Thank you!

Windows on Washington

Re: Simonton Installers in Colorado (South Denver)

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Cross reference the list that Simonton has with a search on the companies.

Sometimes those websites are out of date so call Simonton directly and they can probably refer you to a good contractor/dealer in the area.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

two other ways to approach it.
Find distributors in your area and call and ask them if they were having there windows done who would they use.

Check with Installation Masters, this is an independent training /certification, some one who has that certification has worked extra hard to get there.

Simonton used to have a preferred group called Nitpickers, ask Simonton about that.
oops 3 ways

theWindowNerd

penaddict

#4 Post by penaddict »

In regards to "Find distributors in your area and call and ask them if they were having there windows done who would they use," I did try this, which took months and repeated requests, and they ended up giving me two "individuals" with no web sites or work history I could find online.

I'll try the other suggestions.

Thanks!

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

another is to join Angies List
look under windows
vet really well

penaddict

#6 Post by penaddict »

So I contacted Simonton directly to get a professional Simonton installer and they stated that they do not offer a preferred vendor list. (their web site was outdated, which is why I emailed them for that information)
I've contacted several local window installers, from recommendations, and none of them install Simonton.
There have been some posts here in the past from people in Colorado who installed this brand. I know no one is supposed to solicit but maybe just post a company or private message me, if possible....I'm getting kind of frustrated trying to find a company (and not one of the big box stores).
Thanks!

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Are you settled on the Simonton window?

I do know that Sunrise is out in CO and they make a nicer unit to be honest.

penaddict

#8 Post by penaddict »

I haven't heard of that brand Sunrise. I had a Simonton window installed in the master bedroom and I really like it. I've done a lot of research on windows and this brand seems to be very well reviewed and the ratings on price is mentioned as good as well. But it shouldn't be this difficult to find an installer, right?