elements really that good for the money

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
so confused

elements really that good for the money

#1 Post by so confused »

Wow...seems like after tons of reading the soft lite elements are a real hit in the "high end" side of replacement windows.

I'm going to make this easy for the experts out there. Is an installed price including all charges, fees and taxes for a soft lite elements triple pane (ultra s glass) @ $526 per window for a whole house job a good price?

I am really getting dizzy with all the bids by installers and my internet surfing trying to decide.
I guess I am ready to commit to this window and I am asking is this a good price and should I just do it and pay the $526/unit and be done with it!

I know there are other windows out there but...
If you guys were buying a window in this catagory and price range,
would you think this a good deal so I can get it done?

And I thought dealing/buying a car was stressful!,,

randy

Re: elements really that good for the money

#2 Post by randy »

Yes, that's a very good price per window - and that's regardless of the installation details. If you feel like the contractor will do a good install for you, I'd say go for it.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

very low price.
In my area that would probably be $750 -850 per window.
I am not an Elements dealer, I am an Imperial LS dealer.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

That is extremely cheap, in fact i never heard of that window being offered any where near that price point.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I agree with everyone else. Very inexpensive, especially with triple pane. I sold Elements for years before switching to Okna and that's a lower price than I could have sold them. He must have really low overhead.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Great performer, and you are paying a mid-grade (at best) price even with the most basic product options and installation. Frankly, I'd do some vetting of this dealer, because that price sounds almost too good to be true. Other Elements dealers would probably not be very happy to see someone selling at a razor thin margin like that.

so confused

#7 Post by so confused »

Seems like soft lite must be running some promotions this month.
My dealer mentioned the factory was offering a free up grade from double to triple pane.
Perhaps that is why I got such a good deal.
I read on this forum, someone was just quoted $504 for Imperial LS due to some volume discount.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

It makes sense to me that SL would be offering incentives to gain more business.

devlynsyde

#9 Post by devlynsyde »

so confused wrote:Seems like soft lite must be running some promotions this month.
My dealer mentioned the factory was offering a free up grade from double to triple pane.
Perhaps that is why I got such a good deal.
I read on this forum, someone was just quoted $504 for Imperial LS due to some volume discount.
I was offered the free upgrade from double to triple, but this is significantly cheaper than the price per window I was given for Classics with Triple + Super Spacer.. the price I got was around $850 for the Classic.

Delaware Mike

#10 Post by Delaware Mike »

The Classic other than the glass pack is not anywhere near the window that the Elements/LS is. Unless the window openings where really small, I don't think I'd be investing in the older SL lines unless that's all my window contractor could obtain and I was certain that I wanted him to install them.

I'm real curious to see the finished project with such low pricing on the LS or Elements. I know all too well what selling and installing higher end products well below the market value tends to do for the window dealer/contractor. I'm not directly implicating that you're going to receive a bad installation, but there is zero profit besides daily labor wages regarding any future service or funding to keep one's business moving in a positive direction. Any of us in this industry that have been doing this for more than just a few years know that we all wear out our trucks, need monies allotted for Jan-March when things can slow down, healthcare, growth, new tools, retirement, and when things go haywire like in 2008.

Keep us posted as to how your project progresses.

so confused

#11 Post by so confused »

Thanks for the follow up.

I too have concerns about the installation process.
I am scheduled to have the windows installed the last week of October.
One, if not the main reason I chose the company I did, was all the positive comments
I heard from folks that have dealt with them in the past.
Angie's list had 69 out of 70 posts of "A" rating.

Here is an example

"The crew was top notch. Very clean, polite and courteous. They ran into some problems with my previous windows but kept everything positive and continued to install in a thorough and professional manner. I wish I had this crew for all my remodeling work. The salesman, was very easy to work with and explained everything to me in a complete and reassuring way. The crew arrived on time and even the company owners dropped by to make sure I was satisfied with the work being done. I couldn't be happier with my windows. In my mind they put an extra effort into all aspects of the sale and installation and I would highly recommend them."

So combined with the great price and all the positive feedback I chose them.

I will follow up on how my installation goes..
I will try to post some pictures...if I can figure how to.

Again thanks for all who helped on this forum.

TC900

#12 Post by TC900 »

Incredible deal. Jump on it now. I've never heard of that window being sold that low. Home Depot offers a lower end Simonton 6500 for that price or even higher...Lowes pella250 goes around $550-580 installed.