Ok, last one...

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mikeh19d

Ok, last one...

#1 Post by mikeh19d »

I have a quote for 23 double hung Softlite Imperial LS windows installed for $504.50 each. Is this a good price?

Windows on Washington

Re: Ok, last one...

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Bonkers good.

Did you get quoted the Elements as well?

I prefer that window (its a bit prettier) than the LS.

mikeh19d

#3 Post by mikeh19d »

I was told by the contractor he had called up the Soft-Lite rep for pricing on the elements window and since he had done so much volume this month and they like the fact that he sells mostly the Imperial LS, the rep offered it to him on this order at the same cost. "The Imperial LS is a much better window..." By the sounds of it, the Elements is the better window of the two.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Elements is the better and prettier of the two. The delta on looks is more significant than the delta on performance. They are, for the most part, the same performance and design.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

While the Elements is their flagship window, and it is a little nicer looking, the performance numbers are almost identical (as WoW said). Additionally, I'm not a big fan of the locking/sash tilting mechanism on the Elements. You got a great price on the Imperial LS and it's a terrific window in it's own right.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Great advice above, crazy-low price.
Either of those models will serve you well, but the Elements at the same price does present a better value.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

I did the LS for a very long time and it's a great window. I like the mortised locks, but the boring generic tilt actuators seem a bit of a poor thought out management decision. Sure they do the job, but the window is pretty attractive and they have the same actuator that can be found on any random $150 run of the mill window. For a couple pennies more they could have done an elliptical or shark fine to add a more elegant touch.

This is one of three reasons that I personally upgraded to the Elements. The glass breakage warranty is the main reason. A new sash from SL isn't cheap and we dealers all know that from time to time a defective glass unit will rear it's ugly head. No worries with the Elements. I'm warming up to the combination lock/tilt actuators and think they look really nice and clean on the window. No problems so far. The exterior of the master frame seems to be well received with homeowners over the LS. both series look the same from more than 15' from the exterior though.

mikeh19d

#8 Post by mikeh19d »

Great feedback... still undecided... but great feedback none the less. I think I'm going to take the weekend to chew on it and try to come to a decision. Thanks guys.