my posts

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowmannjny

my posts

#1 Post by windowmannjny »

why do my some of my post keep getting deleted?

jdegeorge

#2 Post by jdegeorge »

I just tried to reply to your post about the windows you offer and the post was gone in 2 minutes!

What line of windows do you offer and are you in Central NJ?

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#3 Post by VRWAdmin »

We greatly appreciate you participation in our board, and the advice you freely provide. However, we ask that posters do not actively troll for leads on the board, thank you.

Board Admin

windowmannjny

#4 Post by windowmannjny »

i understand your concern but if a user on this board would like more info on another good window besides schuco cant they just contact me at jbsb123@comcast.net or is that not proper?

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#5 Post by VRWAdmin »

No it’s not proper, by sneaking your e-mail back into this thread you are actively trolling for leads. We just requested that you not do that.

The board was not created to augment your marketing efforts, and at this point we are directly asking you to refrain from doing this. The brand of window being sold has nothing to do with it.

Board Admin

windowmannjny

#6 Post by windowmannjny »

i am sorry i will put my e-mail out there again this forum is a good one and enjoy reading other posts

wayside

#7 Post by wayside »

VRWAdmin,

It seems a number of posts have been deleted lately.

The user agreement that everyone had to accept flat-out states

"You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit."

so there shouldn't really isn't any issue about whether you can.

However, it would be nice to see a list of what is considered out of bounds. The user agreement says only "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws." It says nothing, for example, about giving out contact info, or "trolling for leads" as you put it, or expressing certain opinions about certain products, or whatever.

Do you have such a list? Can we see it?

I have found this board to be very helpful and informative, and I don't want to inadvertently break any rules.

Thanks.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#8 Post by VRWAdmin »

Posts will be deleted on this board if they do not contribute in any way to furthering knowledge of replacement windows for consumers or professionals. That’s the best rule of thumb to go by when posting. If a post is; a genuine question, a constructive answer, or free contribution of some facts you think people would be interested in, it’s pretty safe. We try and give threads as much latitude as possible. We delete posts only when necessary with the intent of keeping as much of the thread intact as possible. However sometimes things get so far off track, and quite frankly the merit of the posts get so poor, the only course possible is to eliminate the entire thread.

A few key concepts on the rules of the board; be courteous, state facts, thank people who answer your question, don’t troll for leads (it insults everyone), don’t be negative toward people who sell windows for a living (if you had a bad experience certainly share it but don’t paint with an overly broad brush), if someone answers your question don’t publicly doubt them; you asked for their help, if you do buy windows come back and share how it went, if you have a problem with your installer let folks know, but don’t use the board as a way to force a resolution, don’t blindly promote a particular product without meaningful data to back it up, don’t get angry with, or accuse the administrators of having some sort of an agenda; we don’t, we maintain these boards as a free service.

Another point we would like to clear up; A lot of people, consumers and professionals have the mistaken impression that these boards are controlled by individuals who sell the Schuco product line. This is patently not true. The owners of this board and the one on replacement-windows.com, have no business connection with Schuco at all. The reason Schuco is mentioned so often on these boards is that there is a contingent of window professionals that are internet savvy, and saw the potential that web sites and internet discussion boards can have on assisting consumers find answers and gain confidence in the products they buy. Some of these professionals carry the Schuco product line. These professionals should be commended for giving so much of their time helping consumers who post on this board and for seeing the powerful impact boards such as this one can have. They were on the ball and way ahead of the curve; give credit where credit is due.

We want as much participation as possible on the board. However we simply ask for participants to be courteous, and keep to the facts.

If anyone has a concern about a post, please contact the administrator at winbrd-admin@vinyl-replacement-windows.com and we can provide assistance, this would be better than a resultant extended thread of flaming back and forth.

Thank you for visiting our site!

InfoSponge

#9 Post by InfoSponge »

One possibility is to create a new message area for gathering leads or recommending an good instaler. Then consumers could post there asking for assistance finding a reputable installer and installers could also post there offering their services. Forum members who do not want to get read "marketing" messages could ignore that forum.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#10 Post by Window4U (IL) »

There is one. It's the "Request a Quote" service on the top right of the page.

It is what supports this fun and informative site. Having a separate place on the site to take business away from the hosts would not be fair or reasonable. Plus, they wouldn't go for it I am sure. I wouldn't if I were them.

InfoSponge

#11 Post by InfoSponge »

Window4U, you make a good point and I agree my suggestion is not in this site's best interest, as-is. Maybe some theme my suggestion could still be of value though? Making the request process more interactive and providing more information may help. For example, if a customer makes contact with a company and decides not to use that company, the web site could allow sending information back to the company (anonymously?) about why they were not chosen. This would allow the company to learn from any mistakes and learn to train salespeople to provide the right kinds of presentations and information, or see how customers view various product lines.

For customers, if they decide to use a company, the site could allow posting a review of the company's work, to help others learn what the company can provide and how (as well as encouraging good work by the company). The site admins could also use these reviews to make sure the recommended companies are doing good work and giving this web site a good name in the process.

There are definitely some political issues to consider that I don't want to get into, but these type of enhancements may at least provide some food for thought.

HipKat

#12 Post by HipKat »

How about a seperate board on here to just chew the fat...

General Discussion, for example