New Window Estimate Comparison

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Swyfty

New Window Estimate Comparison

#1 Post by Swyfty »

Howdy from St. Louis

I am replacing 30 year old double pane/double hung Crestline wood windows. The house also has storm windows covering all windows which are being eliminated. We are replacing 19 windows in total and the house faces a perfect SW. I have received 3 estimates for the following window/window sizes:

3) 71 x 71 dp twin double hung w prairie grids (all on the front of the house)
1) 36 x 36 dp double hung (back of house)
1) 44 x 40 dp double hung (north west side of house)
1) 74 x 74 dp twin double hung w bottom tempered glass (northwest side of house)
2) 24 x 72 dp double hung w bottom tempered glass (back of house/bay area)
2) 36 x 74 dp double hung w bottom tempered glass (back of house)
5) 36 x 64 dp double hung (3 are back of house - 2 are along the SE side of house)

Est 1 - Soft-lite Elements - 16875.00 includes a free upgrade to triple pane due to fall promotion

Est 2 - Soft-lite Imperial LS - 14000 dp - plus 100 per window for triple pane

Est 3 - EnergyWall EnergyWeld - 12000 dp - plus 100 per window for triple pane

All estimates include grids on front of house, half screens, tempered glass where required, haul away, insulation, caulking and coil wrapping and all reputable companies with in house installers.

These estimates seem really expensive to me....and this is also the first time I've purchased windows....what do you think?
I've read positive reviews of the EnergyWeld window, are there any other thoughts on these?
Are these all comparable?
Which would you choose?
Given that I now have dp plus storms will i notice a big difference with only double pane or should I go with triple pane...or would I even notice a difference between double/triple.

sooo many questions :D Thanks for your input.

Thanks

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: New Window Estimate Comparison

#2 Post by masterext »

Thats a good price for both elements and LS and in my opinion better than energy wall. Although energy wall is a pretty good window, it is also bulkier than the other two options .

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Good feedback above. Prices are very normal.
Kudos on getting quotes on very good products. I don't think that you would go wrong with any of the three, although I'd agree that the SL models are a little better than the the EW. The EW is a pumped up version of the Polaris UltraWeld. Very solid.

Swyfty

#4 Post by Swyfty »

Thanks for the input

Any thoughts on the double pane vs triple pane with these models..given that I'm going from double pane with storm to just double pane?

Thanks again

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Triple pane would certainly offer an improvement if it fits your budget.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Elements pricing is tough to beat and with the relatively small spread in pricing when they are both equip with triple pane, I think that is a great deal.

The Energy Wall is a nice product as well, but probably not quite as nice as the Elements.

I would go with either the Elements or the Energy Wall. There is no point in the LS as the middle product.