SoftLite Pro vs Great Lakes Seabrooke Replacement Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tpmyers

SoftLite Pro vs Great Lakes Seabrooke Replacement Windows

#1 Post by tpmyers »

I live in Rockford Illinois. I have received two quotes for local companies selling Great Lakes Seabrooke and Soft Lite Pro Windows.

I am replacing all of my windows (19 total)

I can give the sizes but it seems that most pricing does not vary between window size.
These prices include installation and lifetime warranty performed by a local company
Installation is performed by the company that I am purchasing the windows from

Seabrooke - white exterior and Golden Oak interior, Maxuus multi-layer / multi-pane Low E with Argon gas, vent locks, full screens, and white exterior / white interior colonial grids. We will be removing the entire window back to the framing and sealing the windows with a low expanding closed cell foam. The interior trim will be removed and replaced. New extension jambs will match the windows. We will dispose of the old windows - $17,600

Soft Lite Pro - white exterior and Lite Oak interior, multi-pane Solar Low E with Argon gas, triple coated, super spacer, vent locks, full screens, and white exterior / white interior colonial grids. We will be removing the window and sealing the windows. We will dispose of the old - $13,575

What is the better deal? Any recommendations? I do not mind paying more, but want to make sure it is worth it.

thanks

Windows on Washington

Re: SoftLite Pro vs Great Lakes Seabrooke Replacement Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Any chance you can get a quote on a nicer Soft-Lite unit from the person offering the Soft-Lite Pro quote?

I would rather the Imperial LS or Elements from the Soft-Lite line up.

HomeSealed knows the Plygem line up much better than me, but I think there are better options out there in the marketplace.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd give the Pro the edge in this comparison, but like WoW, I'd rather see an upgrade to the LS or Elements. The Seabrooke is pretty average in terms of performance despite the higher price tag.
You might also consider the Okna and Sunrise Restorations product lines. Window4u is a contributor to the site that serves northern IL and would be a great resources if he covers your area.

tpmyers

#4 Post by tpmyers »

Thanks for the information. This helps me narrow it down. I will check to see the local installer carries other SoftLite as you suggested.