soft-lite Imperial LS vs Thompson Creek

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Beesh

soft-lite Imperial LS vs Thompson Creek

#1 Post by Beesh »

Wanted to get an opinion on how Implerial LS compares to Thompson Creek windows. My main concern is that the imperial LS windows looked a little thicker. Most of my windows are double hung 30 * 70. Wanted to get feed back on quality of each and how the thickenss compares. i could not place the windows next to each other to see the difference in thickness.

BTW Imperial LS are way less in price and the sales person is very nice person. he is also giving me Majik locks.

Delaware Mike

Re: soft-lite Imperial LS vs Thompson Creek

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

The LS is top performing well respected window in the industry. I'm not a fan of the auto locks as they require quite a bit of force and momentum to get them to engage correctly. If they don't lock right you're stuck with resetting the top sash due to drift into the head cavity pocket for proper alignment. I've not looked at the Thompson Creek window in forever, but I wouldn't pay more for it.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Thompson Creek is somewhat of a mystery, i have never seen the window. The imperial LS really isnt that bulky, its a good looking window in my opinion and those dimesions shouldnt cause an overwhelming amount of glass loss. Compare the performance numbers.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Three thoughts:
1) The Imperial LS is a top performer and would be a good choice.
2) I am also not well versed on the TC window. For comparison, I'd get the thermal and structural numbers on it (u factor with shgc, air infiltration, dp). That will speak volumes one way or the other.
3) Looking at the area that TC services, you may also be in the service area of Windows on Washington. Top notch outfit over there, highly regarded contributor to this site. You would be well served to let them take a look as well.

Beesh

#5 Post by Beesh »

Thanks for the info. I am pretty set on Imperial LS.

patgilm

#6 Post by patgilm »

I have the Imperial LS with the regular locks and they are great. I thought about the auto locks and then did a search on them and I am glad I didn't go with them based on some of the feedback from the pros. Just curious, where are you getting them from?

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Beesh wrote:Thanks for the info. I am pretty set on Imperial LS.
Beesh,

Have you already obtained a quote from us? We are normally in the middle of the pack when it comes to pricing and when comparing apples to apples (i.e. double pane to double pane), less expensive than TC.

Did you request a double pane quote?

Eric

Beesh

#8 Post by Beesh »

You were about same as TC. But okna 500 was a lot more than imperial ls.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#9 Post by masterext »

The 500 will have a sleeker look with less glass loss. I would really reconsider windows on washington, you arent just paying for a good window, you are also paying for exceptional service and a top notch installation.

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

Biggest difference between the LS and 500 is the glass area, and subjectively nicer look.
I won't shamelessly push for WoW here, however I would be remiss in not saying that product choice is only half of the equation. Installation quality and service are extremely important factors as well that should not be overlooked.
Best of luck regardless of which way you choose ultimately.