Burris replacement windows (Texas)

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
someguy87

Burris replacement windows (Texas)

#1 Post by someguy87 »

hey guys so I'm trying to replace the windows in my house (32 windows) and I'm considering going with Burris windows. I've done some searching on these forums but it seems all the reviews are pretty outdated and was wondering if anyone had some recent experience with these windows. My choices were between Milguard and Burris. I know Milguard is a well established brand but i just didnt see much a difference between the windows to justify the price difference (Milguard being more expensive by like 150 a window). They both offer lifetime warranties (transferable) and 366 glass so the Burris seemed like more of a bang for your buck. I'm also considering NT but I know that the pricing would be closer to Milguard. So does anybody have any reasons as to why I shouldn't go with Burris?

Windows on Washington

Re: Burris replacement windows (Texas)

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Where in Texas?

Only one guy I can recommend in Texas and he is a technical contributor here as well.

His name is Randy and you can find him right here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6332

someguy87

#3 Post by someguy87 »

I'm in the Dallas area.

celticsgod

#4 Post by celticsgod »

Hi guys. This is my first time posting on this site. I am also in Dallas and am looking into purchasing vinyl replacement windows. I have quotes on the NT Executive Single hung E110, dual glazed, Low-E, 1/8 glass argon filled for about $12,700 & the Burris TectView with the 366 Lo-E & Argon glass package for just over $9100. That is a big difference! I have gathered from Randy in Houston that he is not a big fan of Burris and seems to approve of NT. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether the NT are worth $3500+ more than the Burris in the Dallas area? I feel good about both sellers, but I want the best bang for my buck. Thanks!

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am sure Randy will be by shortly to expand on his feedback, but the rub on Burris isn't good.

randy

#6 Post by randy »

No, I'm still not a fan of Burris. It's a fairly popular window because of it's narrow frame and sashes which maximize the glass space. Building a window with less vinyl and more glass allows the manufacturer to sell the window for less money, but I don't think the trade-off in strength and rigidity are worth it.

Is the NT Executive worth $3500.00 more than the Burris TectView? No, they're comparable windows in most regards. Okna now has several dealers in the DFW area. I'd recommend reaching out to one of them and getting a quote. If you can't find them on Okna's website, you might give them a call and ask them to put you in touch with your local dealer.

If this is a short term house, Burris may fit the bill. If you intend to stay long-term, I'd look for Okna, Sunrise, or Soft-lite.