Synergy NGT

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
udeyhawk

Re: Synergy NGT

#16 Post by udeyhawk »

Thanks.. Definitely considering triple pane for $50 per DH. What about the $140 cost delta on triple pane DH versus casement?. Any negatives of going with casement instead of DH?

Windows on Washington

#17 Post by Windows on Washington »

The casements are a more expensive operator and do require a slightly more expensive install when comparing a wood out insert in most cases.

Not sure I would opt for them for any other reason that you like that style. The UltraWeld is so tight in both operators that is doesn't quite matter.

udeyhawk

#18 Post by udeyhawk »

I finally got an Imperial LS and just confirms that UltraWeld is the way to go. The LS was $675 per DH and $1405 for the big picture, while UltraWeld is $525 per DH and $1025 for the big picture. I can't justify another $150 per DH to go to the LS.

Now just waiting on a second bid to choose between the two contractors in my area that sell Polaris. Also ordered the replacement of 3 acrylic skylights with the upgraded Velux skylights, so hopefully this room will be warmer and less drafty this winter and cooler next summer.

I really appreciate the experts help. This forum is a great resource to wade through all of the brands/options.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

That price is on the LS is really not bad at all, but the UW sounds like the better deal IF it is apples to apples on the quality of installation and dealer themselves... Just remember how important a good installation is, as well as dealing with a company that will be around to service you for the long haul, whether that fact tips the scale toward the higher price or even the lower price

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#20 Post by masterext »

To be honest, thats not a bad price for the LS. To me, the LS is a much nicer looking window and it does have a better structural rating and a better Ufactor.

udeyhawk

#21 Post by udeyhawk »

HomeSealed wrote:That price is on the LS is really not bad at all, but the UW sounds like the better deal IF it is apples to apples on the quality of installation and dealer themselves... Just remember how important a good installation is, as well as dealing with a company that will be around to service you for the long haul, whether that fact tips the scale toward the higher price or even the lower price
The company that quoted the Ultrweld is rated just as highly on Angie's list as the one that quoted the Imperial LS. For 5 windows in our great room, the $150 per isn't as huge of a difference, but moving on to the 14 windows in the front/side of the house next year, that will add up quite a bit. I likely will upgrade to the Triple pane Ultraweld at $575 per, so it will still be notably cheaper than the Imperial and should perform better.

Windows on Washington

#22 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sounds like a plan.

bsm

#23 Post by bsm »

udeyhawk-- What did you end up doing? Also in the KC area and looking at the same type as you. Would you recommend the windows and company you used?

toddinmn

#24 Post by toddinmn »

Stainless spacer and foam enhancement are worthy upgrades to the Polaris.