Interior Wood Trim

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
nmchugh6

Interior Wood Trim

#1 Post by nmchugh6 »

I'm considering Schuco and would like to know if their product replaces the interior wood trim work already in place. I know the window is vinyl and have no issues with that, but I'm wondering if I can keep the existing wood trim. Maybe vinyl against the wood will look funny as I'm sure I won't be able to match colors perfectly?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If you have traditional wood windows, the trim stays. On this brand, if you want to repaint at some point, the color that matches their white perfectly is Dutch Boy's "grayest white".

ppj

#3 Post by ppj »

Schuco has four woodgrain looks. If those don't match, you can go with white.

White has some pluses, however, and those are:

1. Brightens a room.

2. Makes the room look bigger.

3. Good for Resale. (A prospective homeowner, may say they want to paint a room, purple. But because the window is white (even with a wood trim) it will still match. Because White matches most anything.

Window_Shopper

#4 Post by Window_Shopper »

PPJ...is that a Schuco in your picture? Looks nice.

usmarine0352

#5 Post by usmarine0352 »

The interior trim will only be touched if you use a "Full Frame" install.

If you use a "Retrofit" or "Insert" as their called, will not affect your interior wood trim.

Most people use "Retrofits" and usually only use "Full Frame" installs if they want to pay more money, have rotten wood, or lose a little less glass space.