Okna window sizes and pricing.

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
michael2595

Okna window sizes and pricing.

#1 Post by michael2595 »

I have been quoted the same amount to purchase and install a 24" x 24" window and 72" by 24" inch window.These are 400 series vinyl replacement windows...I have many many windows that need to be installed. Was told about the 101 inch rule that Okna uses and anything under that is the same price. I dont understand how such a huge difference in window size can cost the same. The smaller one is just a regular window. I think its called a picture window. Cant open it or close it. no locking mechanism , just vinyl and glass and the larger one is a double hung cottage window. Both windows are priced with install at approx 600 dollars each.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Okna window sizes and pricing.

#2 Post by masterext »

I actually have to explain that quite a bit. Its basically true about the 101 united inch pricing.

michael2595

#3 Post by michael2595 »

masterext wrote:I actually have to explain that quite a bit. Its basically true about the 101 united inch pricing.
Basically what you are saying is that the price should be the same for the two even if the configuration is different?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

Roughly. I wouldnt be concerned at all.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Two points:
1) That is a very good price.
2) That is a very common procedure in the industry. Most manufacturers do not ONLY offer product priced that way, however many dealers request it to simplify the quoting process. The price is typically figured at a median mark, but you will still win on some and lose on others.

In this case it sounds like you are questioning paying the same price for the small window as the big one, however that could just as easily be flipped around to say that you are getting the large one at the same low price as the small one. Which is true? Again, probably neither. You are likely paying the price for two windows somewhere in the middle, so in this case it would average out anyway. Ultimately, the reason that this can be done is because windows are broken down/priced into size intervals (even when smaller intervals than 0-101), and the difference between them is really not that great anyway. IE: You may have paid $620 for the big one and $580 for the small one.
Lastly, regarding configuration, again these can be very close in price, so it is not uncommon to see the same rates used for simplification purposes.

michael2595

#6 Post by michael2595 »

masterext wrote:I actually have to explain that quite a bit. Its basically true about the 101 united inch pricing.

Thank you

michael2595

#7 Post by michael2595 »

Thanks to all ....
Last edited by michael2595 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

michael2595

#8 Post by michael2595 »

HomeSealed wrote:Two points:
1) That is a very good price.
2) That is a very common procedure in the industry. Most manufacturers do not ONLY offer product priced that way, however many dealers request it to simplify the quoting process. The price is typically figured at a median mark, but you will still win on some and lose on others.

In this case it sounds like you are questioning paying the same price for the small window as the big one, however that could just as easily be flipped around to say that you are getting the large one at the same low price as the small one. Which is true? Again, probably neither. You are likely paying the price for two windows somewhere in the middle, so in this case it would average out anyway. Ultimately, the reason that this can be done is because windows are broken down/priced into size intervals (even when smaller intervals than 0-101), and the difference between them is really not that great anyway. IE: You may have paid $620 for the big one and $580 for the small one.
Lastly, regarding configuration, again these can be very close in price, so it is not uncommon to see the same rates used for simplification purposes.

Thank you kindly for the education. It was very helpful

Raul Blart

#9 Post by Raul Blart »

I had 2 separate okna installers and they each did it differently. One guy gave a specific price for each window size, and they other had the price tiers like described above. Both seemed to come out around the same though, so I didn't really sweat it.