Viplex Windows Warranty???

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
BeetleBailey

Viplex Windows Warranty???

#1 Post by BeetleBailey »

Purchased windows direct from Viplex 10 years ago with Lifetime warranty. Home Depot supposedly bought Viplex some time after my purchase. Have had no luck so far today in speaking to anyone at Home Depot that has any answers. The hope is that HD assumed warranty responsibility when purchasing Viplex. Any thoughts from anyone?

Windows on Washington

Re: Viplex Windows Warranty???

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Can't see any record of the transfer online.

Best thing to do would be to look for any records of it and try to get Home Depot to commit to the warranty.

Once you have that, you can move it forward in accordance with whatever provisions and stipulations they have in place.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

@ WoW, maybe your dial-up connection is just too slow... :mrgreen:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/co ... epot_x.htm

Looks like HD purchased Viplex in '05. From what I can tell, they are not made anymore, but the warranty question is certainly one that is valid, and one that you probably won't get an answer on from Bill in lumber or Suzy at the contractor desk. I'm sure that they have a corporate dept to handle issues like this. If you can't find that by phone, here is a "community forum" at HD where someone may be able to direct you:

http://community.homedepot.com/howto/to ... tomer-Care

My guess is that the coverage is approximately squat, however its worth a try... Most of the posters here are Midwest and Northeast, so unfortunately not much familiarity with the situation there on the west coast.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Thanks.

I was too busy talking politics with a guy that I thought was my buddy.

:lol:

BeetleBailey

#5 Post by BeetleBailey »

Thanks for the responses although I have to admit there's a part of these post replies that is going over my head. :?: Trash talk :?:

I've spoken to HD corporate Customer care which required them researching an answer and calling or emailing me within a couple days. Holding my breath!

Would still appreciate any other comments from anyone familiar with the situation.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Yes. HomeSealed and I am ribbing each other a bit. Makes the forums a bit more lively for us from time to time.

Start with HD Corporate and see what sort of progress you get on that front. I would have all your data in front of you and ready to go when you talk to the first time. See if you can move the needle a good bit out of the gate.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

Just giving each other the business a little bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslz06J9hFw
:D

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

HomeSealed wrote:Just giving each other the business a little bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslz06J9hFw
:D

Sounds like you are on the right track.
This is what I do when you yell at me....(another referee reference).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60e_DBGaL0U

Whimz

#9 Post by Whimz »

I'm in Southern California and we bought Viplex windows directly from Viplex. We understood it was a Lifetime Warranty. I contacted Home Depot because our window washer told us the gas was gone from as window and two locks are broken. I got NO WHERE with HD. They want my original paper work. We were young this was our first home improvement purchase. We kept our records with our tax records and, guess what about 10 years ago we purged old tax records. I asked HD why can't they come out and inspect and they will see it is a Viplex product. I was then told Viplex did not offer a Lifetime Warranty only a Limited Warranty. Well, in my old age, I now realize you cannot fight City Hall nor HD. I don't recommend any service from them because the require you to jump through too many hoops when you need repair on their work or product.
Is there any other way to fix the gasless window or the locks? Is it just an insulation factor that I am losing in the gasless window?

toddinmn

#10 Post by toddinmn »

There are companies that specialize in replacing the glass in windows.

HD complaint

#11 Post by HD complaint »

ViPlex went out of business in approx. July 2005, Home depot purchased the company in approx. Aug 2005, IF you have your Original receipts you have a case. The key is having the original paperwork, if you do not have the original paperwork they may not do anything.
Google HD executives email address, their out there.
HD does NOT want to do anything.