Okna Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
thawthor88

Okna Windows

#1 Post by thawthor88 »

Can anyone tell me the difference between the new Okna 600 series and the 500 Insul-tec series?

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Metal handle mostly.

Slightly different extrusion. Interior laminated available. Thermal and air numbers are consistent.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Performance numbers are pretty similar. I prefer the 800 over the 600 series.

fridge2020

#4 Post by fridge2020 »

not much. Only reason to go 600 is if you need a woodgrain interior in my opinion, but at that point you would be better off with the 800 anyway. Not much use for that model if you ask me

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

They both offer woodgrain interiors but the 800 has 5 options whereas the 600 has 3.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

Likes faux faux WG interior on vinyl but not elegant handsome metal lift handles on 800 series. I'm at a lost. Must be too many years in the window industry. Best for me to go back to my home planet of Kpax.

My father always told me "that's why there are Fords, Chevys, and Dodges..........

Since I don't offer the 500 series, when I run into folks that don't favor the metal lift handles I simply show them units like the Sunrise Vanguard or Soft-Lite models and tell them you can now pay more these models that perform less..........

Best of luck.

masterext

#7 Post by masterext »

The 800 series is a better window and much nicer looking as well. The 600 is strange looking but if you like it, more power to you.