Thoughts on Alside Mezzo

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
IzzyD

Thoughts on Alside Mezzo

#1 Post by IzzyD »

I am needing to replace all my 15 year old windows, original windows from when the house was built. I thought I had found the right one, CPD ASO-A-71-01188-00007, which I believe is an Alside Mezzo the company is reselling under their own name. Reading through many forums and sites, it seems the triple pane windows I am being asked to buy might not be right, however I would like to get feedback from the folks on this board.

Windows on Washington

Re: Thoughts on Alside Mezzo

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Where is the home Izzy and have you looked at just one window?

IzzyD

#3 Post by IzzyD »

The house is in Austin, Texas. I have looked at many but did not note the CPD numbers until now as only.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would not do a triple pane Mezzo in Austin.

Have you reached out to Randy on here? I thought he might still be covering Austin.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6374
You will find Randy in the above link.
Great guy, honest and knowledgable.

theWindowNerd

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

They just started offering triple pane glass in the mezzo. Im not very confident in the strength of the frame and have some concerns on whether the mezzo is truly designed to handle triple pane glass. One thought that seems to validate this concern is the fact that when the alside mezzo first was introduced, they couldnt do triple pane glass. Since the design is the exact same as it was, they all of the sudden think the mezzo can handle triple glass ????? The mezzo is still a contractor grade window in my opinion.

I would look into higher end windows such as Okna, Soft Lite, Sunrise. Also the Majestic Window by Ideal is a really nice looking window and made very well. Ideal Windows are maybe average at best but their Majestic series is an excellent window.

Regarding Randy, he is one of the best window contractors you will fine, no doubt about it.
Last edited by masterext on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randy

#7 Post by randy »

Sorry guys, I don't cover Austin anymore unfortunately. I'm just too busy in Houston these days.

I too have reservations about the Mezzo window. The frame seems a bit flimsy, and I've never been impressed with the customer service they provide.

Have you considered NT Windows? Their Energy Master, Presidential, or Traditions lines are good solid mid-grade choices.

fridge2020

#8 Post by fridge2020 »

I wouldn't install that product regardless of location or glass pack. Unimpressive design, too many service issues for my taste. Just my experience

Raul Blart

#9 Post by Raul Blart »

This was one of the first of 8 different windows I saw. It has ratings that are close to some of the nicer units, but I honestly don't get how. It looked and felt like one of the cheapest I saw.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#10 Post by masterext »

Exactly, the mezzo feels very cheap and flimsy.