Advice on soundproof windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
GeorgeMilone06

Advice on soundproof windows

#1 Post by GeorgeMilone06 »

Hey guys , I hope someone out there could give me some advice on replacing the windows on the bedroom of our children. We are living in a very busy area with heavy traffic and so my school going kids are struggling a lot to study and sleep. I think replacing the windows with soundproof windows would be a solution for this. I have heard that vinyl windows do not stop noise better than aluminum windows. What is your opinion? Which company would you guys recommend that would be able to provide these windows at a reasonable cost and good quality?
Thank you!

Windows on Washington

Re: Advice on soundproof windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Most folks will find that a good replacement window with either laminated glass or triple pane will give them the improvement they are looking for over their stock and usually builder's grade windows.

toddinmn

#3 Post by toddinmn »

I'd pass on aluminum windows due there typically lower STC and U-values.
Vinyl windows can come with or sometimes upgraded to foam spacers and foam filled frames and sashes that should enhance STC ratings. Laminated glass would give much better STC ratings than triple panes but the cost can be significant. Quality window and install is a must.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

I dont know if GeorgeMilone06 is the same guy but im suspicious of the fact that in the past month someone posted a similar question with the same link to clera windows or whatever spam company it is called.