12 new windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowme

12 new windows

#1 Post by windowme »

We are replacing all windows in our small ranch. I have pricing for 3 brands. Would love input on our choices.
Simonton Prism Platinum
Amerimax Craftsman Portrait series
Sunrise mid grade (no name)

I tried to deal with Zen Windows, their pricing was good but they wouldn't show me the window until I accepted their quote and set up a time for final measurements.

Hoping there is enough info here for some input. We are in Littleton CO
Thank you!

Windows on Washington

Re: 12 new windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

All pretty solid contenders. Which did you like?

Sunrise is probably the prettiest of that group.

windowme

#3 Post by windowme »

We like the Sunrise the best, but after doing what I thought was a fair amount of research, I can say I don't feel very educated in the window department. There are just SO many brands, models & sub brands that it makes comparison shopping impossible! So frustrating. Among all of the obvious things you look for, I want the biggest glass and the smallest frame area I can get while still getting the energy features that I want.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

No real bummers in that group, but I'd say the Sunrise is probably best. It will definitely check the boxes for the items that you mentioned as well, particularly the viewable glass area. That is one aspect where it has a pretty significant advantage, particularly over the Simonton.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

Out of the 3, Sunrise is clearly the better window based on looks and performance( specifically air infiltration). One caveat, Sunrise offers a low end window called "essentials", make sure you dont get that one.
As for Zen Windows, they use Soft Lite Windows which are right up there with Sunrise.

fridge2020

#6 Post by fridge2020 »

Agree on the Sunrise.
Last time I checked, Zen sells the older, lower end models of Softlite. Some of their sales tactics are suspect IMO too, but you have already found that out.