Finally getting quotes this weekend

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
penaddict

Re: Finally getting quotes this weekend

#16 Post by penaddict »

See that's what I'm sometimes concerned about. I don't want to come across as pushy but I just want to make sure I'm clear on everything and my wishes are met.
I'm not saying this because I'm a woman, though I think that's why we get that reaction, but just because someone says their an expert, I know they are also a sales person. I was a sales person in the past as well and prefer openness and honesty and appreciate and value someone's intellect. ;)
masterext wrote:Im always fine with questions. However, a lot of guys worry when someone is overly inquisitive, they are a potential headache and would rather pass on the business.

TheWindowNerd

#17 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I believe more than likely you are sorting out those that you do not want to work with. Most who bail because of honest questions know they can not snow you and that is their tactic.
You will know when you find the right contractor.

thewindowNerd

toddinmn

#18 Post by toddinmn »

I always have a more respect for customer that takes the time to research a product and ask questions. I think both of the windows would meet your needs, the Simonton casement is a bit bulky with its large frame and it has exposed screen retainers.
Most casements will meet. There will be no option for sash reinforcement on either brands casement windows. I think you would be with a U-value of 0.27, most brands, even the poor ones typically have a DP rating of 50 in casement configuration so that number may be of no help to you. Air numbers are usually pretty good in casements so alot of these numbers work good for trying to find a good double-hung window but can mislead you when looking for casements.
The Sunrise will have better performance numbers and by most opinions is one of the nicest looking casement windows out there and typically come at a higher price.