Sunrise vs Amerimax

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowme

Sunrise vs Amerimax

#1 Post by windowme »

We have narrowed our search to Amerimax Craftsman vinyl windows with LoE 366 class package and argon gas OR Sunrise mid grade windows with S2210X Latitude Glass with Summit technology.
Most of the windows are sliders, 2 with picture windows and sliders on the sides and 3 small casements. We live in Colorado and the Amerimax are made here.
We are working with two different subcontractors, both very reputable and each carries a different window. We were pretty set to go with the sunrise but our Amerimax contractor called us last night and told us we were making a big mistake going with Sunrise over Amerimax.
They both are bidding our siding as well as windows.
I really need some input here. Not only do I want a decent glass package but I also want as much glass viewing area as I can get. Is there something else I should be looking at?
Thank you!!

HomeSealed

Re: Sunrise vs Amerimax

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The Amerimax is a west coast offering so I cannot comment based on experience, other than to say that its reputation is solid.

The Sunrise is pretty well regarded however, and is about as good as you will get when it comes to maintaining visible glass (slim frame). As long as you are NOT looking at the Essentials line, I'd disagree that you would be making a mistake