Trying to compare window estimates

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
nashvillehomeowner

Trying to compare window estimates

#1 Post by nashvillehomeowner »

I am replacing 23 double hung windows. Some are large. About half of the windows are 31x73 and the rest are 31x60.

I have quotes from a range of companies

Apex Insignia e2 windows at $13,500
Soft Lite Nirvana (classic) at $12,400
Vinyl Kraft at $10,500
Alside Preservation at $23,000
Slocum windows at $28,000

The insignia and preservation windows semed prety simillar to me except the insignia is triple paned. Also, Alside doesn't seem to get good reviews on this site.

The Soft Lite windows get good reviews, but I am not sure if the Nirvan is a good window and if the price is reasoable.

I know nothing about Vinyl Kraft

The Slocum window seemed way overpriced and it was the least attractive window I have seen.

Any thoughts on those quotes? Any suggestions on what other products I should look at?

HomeSealed

Re: Trying to compare window estimates

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

the classic is Softlite's lowest offering. If you can't get the Elements or LS, I'd opt for the Pro which is the cousin of the Classic.
Personally I'm not a big fan of the other options that you have seen for various reasons

BryanG

#3 Post by BryanG »

Hey "nashvillehomeowner,"
Did you get more info? Tell us!
thanks,
BryanG (Charlotte, NC)

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I am a little scared.
Are you not looking at the same scope of work with all the quotes.
The two most expensive I would not consider due to low performance by the product.
With out knowing the scope of work nor site conditions I would look for a high performance vinyl DH like Soft-lite LS, OKna 800 DX, or Sunrise Vanguard/Restoration
I would budget around $16K