Starmark vs Polaris vs Okna 800

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Raul Blart

Starmark vs Polaris vs Okna 800

#1 Post by Raul Blart »

Long time lurker, looking for advice to make my final choice. I think that I did a decent job of getting 3 final choices, the starmark composite, Polaris ultraweld, and the okna 800. All seem to get fairly good feedback and have strong ratings. Price-wise, they are Starmark, 800, then Ultraweld from most to least, but all within $100 or so.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward the 800. It has a better air number than the starmark, and frankly, i'm not quite sold on the cellular pvc offering anything that vinyl does not. The 800 also has the most glass area of the 3. The Ultra weld was the least expensive, but it looked like a whole lotta frame and not as much glass, although the Starmark didn't seem far behind. The guy with the 800 also seemed the most knowledgable and walked me through an installation. I know you will probably say that I already have my answer, but I'm just looking for confirmation that I'm not missing anything important?
TIA

TheWindowNerd

Re: Starmark vs Polaris vs Okna 800

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

That would be my choice.
theWindowNerd

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. You have studied well young padawan. :mrgreen:
Seriously though, spot on assessment IMO. Those are 3 great choices and you will be happy with any, but if I were to choose, the 800 would be the winner by most objective and subjective measures.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Someone has been doing their research.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

Agree, the performance numbers dont lie, the okna 800 actually beats out the starmark both in air infiltration and the structural rating. The 800 is nicer looking as well.
The new Okna 600 " EcoPro" also beats out starmark and is slimmer than the 800. Its a sharp window.
Starmark would be my third choice and a distant third would be polaris.
Last edited by masterext on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raul Blart

#6 Post by Raul Blart »

Thanks for the confirmation!
What do you think about foam filling and triple pane glass? Worth it?

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Foam filling...yes. Cheap investment and makes for a more efficient unit.

Triple pane is possibly a yes depending on where the home is located.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Foam filled option is cheap on that line. Triple pane should probably be at least a consideration, but obviously the cost and other factors will determine whether it is wise. Most times it will take a while to recoup the money in energy savings alone, however comfort, improved condensation resistance, and resale are all positively affected as well.

lindsey_lou

#9 Post by lindsey_lou »

Raul Blart

I am currently trying to choose between the Okna 800's or the Polaris Ultraweld. The quote I got for the Oknas was incredibly reasonable. I am getting the quote for the Polaris tomorrow.

I'm 99% sure I am going to go with the Oknas, but, like you, I am looking for confirmation from others who have been in my position.

Did you end up going with the 800's, and if you did...how do you like them?

Thanks in advance!

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

Not sure if original poster's get pinged on this, so Raul may or may not post back.

Either way, I just want to confirm that you are winning either way Lindsey. Those two windows are both top tier performers. Like mentioned earlier, the 800 is a little better and most would agree prettier, so if you have a price that you consider reasonable you may want jump on that.

Windows on Washington

#11 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Can't go wrong with either of those. While I love the UltraWeld from a performance standpoint, the 800 will run a few laps around it on aesthetic front.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#12 Post by masterext »

Windows on Washington wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 am +1

Can't go wrong with either of those. While I love the UltraWeld from a performance standpoint, the 800 will run a few laps around it on aesthetic front.
Only a few laps ?

TheWindowNerd

#13 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I wished that my customers only bought the 800DX.
Great window, well built and supported.