Okna 600DX

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Beano

Okna 600DX

#1 Post by Beano »

Anybody have any info/thoughts on the Okna 600DX series DH with respect to the 500DX? Apparently this is new and not published yet awaiting NFRC ratings.
Last edited by Beano on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beano

Re: Okna 600DX

#2 Post by Beano »

My preference is for the 500DX for which I am waiting on some quote returns. In the interim, there are some Okna dealers in my area which are restricted to the 400DX or 800DX. In speaking with one of the latter dealers, the 600DX was mentioned as a 500DX alternative for them due to Okna line restrictions. With no published data or general literature I was curious what I could find out about the unit.

Beano

#3 Post by Beano »

I heard the handle is similar to the 800. Is the frame more like the 800? I'd like to evaluate it in appearance and features but because it's new I can't find one. That's why I was hoping there'd be some sales lit on it like images and specs.

Sano

#4 Post by Sano »

Ok, we are in the process of making a decision with the okna 600. Window feels very sturdy and the efficiency numbers are very good. We also like the look of the window and 4 of the double hungs will have dark oak interior with upgraded hardware. The nfrc sticker shows a .26 ufactor with the deluxe package in double pane with a foam filled frame and sash.
We also saw Hansons and sunrise verde. The sunrise has a .28 ufactor. We liked the sunrise but seem to like the okna 600 a little more. The 600 is priced almost the same as the verde.
In the pro's opinion, is the 600 the better window?
Thanks in advanced

Update. We went with the Okna 600 series. We saw the 800 series as well but we liked the look of the 600 Eco Pro better. They basically have the same features.
From what we read and saw , the 600 is a step above the okna 500 .
We also saw the Soft Lite " imperial Ls " which seemed nice but was bulky. The performance numbers on the okna 600 and imperial were basically the same. The okna 600 had a nicer/ more narrow frame.
The 600 felt nice and strong and we liked the fact that it has a more narrow frame which allows more glass.
Last edited by Sano on Fri May 19, 2017 9:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

The Okna 600 will have an advantage over the sunrise verde both in terms of Ufactor and air infiltration ratings.
The Okna Eco Pro (600 ) is one of Okna's best windows. It is also a very good looking window with a narrow frame allowing more glass and very well built/ designed with some nice features.

It has been getting a very good response from both customers and industry professionals.
Okna has all the performance testing for the 600 series on their website as well as the NFRC website.
The okna 600 is more comparable to the sunrise restorations or vanguard due to the 600 series having composite sash reinforcement and some other features.
Both the sunrise verde and okna are in a much better class than hanson windows; if im not mistaken, hanson uses alside windows which most pro's refuse to recommend.
Last edited by masterext on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

The 600 is a great window, and as mentioned above, it is now fully tested, certified, and available. I'd put it a notch ahead of the Sunrise units, and the performance data supports that.
Around here we see the Sunrise getting a .27 u factor with double pane to meet Energy Star, however that is with a low shgc and surface 4 low e, both of which are detrimental in cold climates. Makes for a dark window with reduced resistance to condensation.