Okna Enviro Star/800 series handle - 1 or 2?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Beano

Okna Enviro Star/800 series handle - 1 or 2?

#1 Post by Beano »

Do the Enviro-Star/800 series Okna windows have only one centrally located handle, or are they available with two positioned approximately arms width apart? The reason I'm asking is I was exploring Okna windows on YouTube and it looked like an 8 lite (4 over 2 grid) sash had two handles. I just assumed they only came with one in the center. Is that an option, or maybe size driven?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Okna Enviro Star/800 series handle - 1 or 2?

#2 Post by masterext »

You can certainly get 2 handles. I prefer one but thats just me.
You may want to look at the new Okna 600 series also called the EcoPro. Its a cross between the okna 800 and 500 and its a tad nicer than the 800 series. A lot of customers do not like the big metal handle on the bottom sash of the 800. I see more customers gravitating towards the 600 series ( ecoPro).
Last edited by masterext on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. You can get either, but I also prefer one handle

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I have different tastes than the other pros. I usually like double handles on windows over 28". All in what you like...
Just let your salesman know which windows you want single handles, which you want double handles on.