Comparing Preservation, Okna, & Slocomb windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Bedeowner

Comparing Preservation, Okna, & Slocomb windows

#1 Post by Bedeowner »

I welcome opinions about the comparative quality of (Alside) Preservation Reserve EnergyMaxx 4, Okna Insul-tec Delux, Okna Precision Weld Delux, and Slocomb 144 Solstice windows. All are double pane. Thoughts? Experiences?

Windows on Washington

Re: Comparing Preservation, Okna, & Slocomb windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would take the Okna Precision weld out of the comparison. No reason to use that window when you have access to the Insul-Tec.

If you search around, you will find a bunch of reviews on the Alside window and I think, last I knew, that the preservation was a re-badged Sheffield with some bells and whistles. I am not a fan of any window that runs those type of profile sizes and a clip in sill to reverse engineer a sloped sill out of a poorly designed pocket sill unit.

I think the Slocomb has some decent data to go with it, but to make the most technical comparison, you need to get the Air Infiltration, U-Factor, and DP numbers on it from your sales rep on that product.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

I agree, go with the okna 500 series ( insultec ).

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd also toss the Preservation for the bulky design, pocket sill (crucial flaw), and mediocre performance comparatively, as well as the Precision Weld. The Insultec is a great window and would be a good choice. The Slocomb is not in my area, so I'd defer to looking at the thermal and structural ratings for comparison.