Sloped Sill and Weep Holes

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Delaware Mike

Re: Sloped Sill and Weep Holes

#16 Post by Delaware Mike »

I might add that you couldn't be in better hands than in the hands of the WOW team. Their installers are first class. The windows that were installed in those pictures now allow any sill drainage spill of to exit off the face of the sheathing and trim boards into pretty much the ground. Best case result.

LeakyWindows

#17 Post by LeakyWindows »

Windows on Washington wrote:I am guessing that you are in the complex Haycock road complex in Falls Church?

The slots you are looking at are not "weep holes" in the classic sense that they are for draining the frame. You are looking at the outer edge of the sill/screen track and those are punched for drainage to allow for water to drain off the sill and around the screen track.

All of the drainage on the sill is still handled via gravity and off of a sloped sill.

For any other poster's clarification, this neighborhood does not allow for capping either and that is why the windows don't have the trim wrapped around them.

Feel free to contact me at the office directly or via email with any questions. Thank you.
Thanks for the helpful information. I also wondered about the capping. You are correct about the property location.

Windows on Washington

#18 Post by Windows on Washington »

Fairly distinctive look in that location.

Most don't care for the road noise either here.

We have done more than a handful in there to date.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

Looks like that is all squared away...

I'll just confirm what the others stated that you are looking at slots for drainage, not true "weep holes" which are holes in the frame where water drains from chambers in the extrusion. They typically have covers with little flaps as well.

LeakyWindows

#20 Post by LeakyWindows »

HomeSealed wrote:Looks like that is all squared away...

I'll just confirm what the others stated that you are looking at slots for drainage, not true "weep holes" which are holes in the frame where water drains from chambers in the extrusion. They typically have covers with little flaps as well.
Thanks, HomeSealed!

LeakyWindows

#21 Post by LeakyWindows »

Delaware Mike wrote:I might add that you couldn't be in better hands than in the hands of the WOW team. Their installers are first class. The windows that were installed in those pictures now allow any sill drainage spill of to exit off the face of the sheathing and trim boards into pretty much the ground. Best case result.

Thanks DEMike. I am now looking at the installation process and noticing variations in capping and will probably ask questions here about that too.