Windows on Washington.other NE pros need some help...

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ClayborneCR

Windows on Washington.other NE pros need some help...

#1 Post by ClayborneCR »

Hello all new to the board and I only called out Windows on Washington because I live 5 mins outside of the city in Camp Springs, MD.

My dilemma for replacement windows
3 quotes for between 4-8 windows (depending on the price will dictate how many i will get done.)
$396 per window for Simetron Asure
$420 per window for Ideal Platinum 3000 Double Hung Vinyl Windows
$595 per window for Sprouse
*all with install included

After doing research I did not find many positive reviews about Simetron Asure and found nothing about Sprouse and Ideal. So I am going to look for more quotes, but i do not know what direction to go for quality windows. My main goal is to be energy efficient, the rooms I want them in have the most temp fluctuation in summer and winter. I also do not want limit myself to a budget if the value of the window makes up for it. (Well I dont want to pay 800-1,000 per window if I can help it.) If anybody knows about these windows or can guide to other quality products. These are vinyl too.

HomeSealed

Re: Windows on Washington.other NE pros need some help...

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Not anything to write home about with any of those choices.

You are on the right track however in reaching out to WoW. Top notch outfit. He may not be the cheapest option, however the value in the product and install quality certainly is the best you will find. :D

ClayborneCR

#3 Post by ClayborneCR »

Thanks Home Sealed, I learned the hard way when I did my sliding glass door two years ago.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I always refrain from posting in these threads that might be our area of coverage, but it pretty clear that you have identified us given the thread title.

Feel free to email me directly if you have questions about anything.

Enovotny@windowsonwashington.net

Thanks and don't hesitate to call/email me with any questions.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Another vote for Eric and the team at Windows On Washington.

theWindowNerd.

randy

#6 Post by randy »

Getting a well constructed window is only half of the equation. Proper installation is critical to the performance of the window, and to protecting your home from water infiltration in the years to come. While you can get a quality window from other companies, and while you might get a good installation as well, we know for certain you’ll get both from WoW, and that’s why the pros here are so adamant in recommending him. There just isn’t anyone better in the greater DC area.