Looking for Best Vinyl Windows in North Carolina

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
grace2016

Looking for Best Vinyl Windows in North Carolina

#1 Post by grace2016 »

I am considering getting high end vinyl windows for our entire home. I have seen the Sunrise and Okna 800 and like both of them. The Sunrise may look a little better but I'm worried about the sash not being as strong as its competitors. In addition to replacing the double-hung windows, I also have some large picture windows with irregular shapes to replace. Most likely we will choose to do full frame replacement since our house is stucco and I don't want to risk keeping old wood frames that could get water damage, and want to also keep the original architectural lines and glass space. Our house is about 23 years old.

My question is what brands should I be looking at? I also don't want a glass that looks greenish. I think it's the Soft-lite windows that look green. This is for a custom home that needs to have good curb appeal. I also want to get windows that will let in light but also be excellent with UV protection. My plan is to have grids between the glass.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

TheWindowNerd

Re: Looking for Best Vinyl Windows in North Carolina

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Most if not all the top performing brands, AI .055 or less, have diferent glass packages.
The normal dual pane low e argon will have little to no tint. That would be the case for Sunrise, Soft-Lite, or Okna( my personal choice).

theWindowNerd.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Most of the residential replacement window glass is made by 3 major manufacturers. All of them will have a gray/green tint to them to some extent.

I will say this, after having installed thousands of them, I have never had a complaint after the fact from a client and even those that were very nervous going into the process, confessed to barely noticing a difference after the fact.

In terms of preferred brands, I think you have mentioned the big 3 that I tend to like already in Soft-Lite, Sunrise, and Okna.

randy

#4 Post by randy »

I would just add that the greenish tint is exacerbated with white shutters or blinds. If the house will have curtains, or wood stained shutters/blinds, the tint probably won’t be very noticeable at all.

BryanG

#5 Post by BryanG »

Where are you located in North Carolina?