Is this a good mid-Atlantic Schuco quote?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ode

Is this a good mid-Atlantic Schuco quote?

#1 Post by ode »

I am looking to install Schuco triple-pane w/krypton double hung windows and a couple of picture windows in an addition and got the following quote from an area dealer:

This is WINDOWS ONLY, no installation
$429 for each DH window that averages 36"w X 60"h

and $7.46 per UI for a casement window that is over 120 UI.

I have been told by the dealer that all the triple-pane Corona 4000 windows come with Krypton, but when I look at NFRC.org they show ratings for Corona 4000 triple pane with argon as well.

I told the dealer I needed the CPD # for the windows I would purchase, and I didn't exactly get a warm and fuzzy that he would readily provide it.

Any thoughts on the quote and any reasons why it should be difficult for a dealer to provide the CPD # of the products they sell?

Thanks in advance, I've learned lots on the forum already!

Ode

InfoSponge

#2 Post by InfoSponge »

Make sure your contract states krypton windows, and check the NFRC sticker on the windows when the they arrive, since it will say krypton there.

HipKat

#3 Post by HipKat »

Other than that, it's a great price for Schuco Triple pane's

Window_Shopper

Re: Is this a good mid-Atlantic Schuco quote?

#4 Post by Window_Shopper »

ode wrote:I am looking to install Schuco triple-pane w/krypton double hung windows and a couple of picture windows in an addition and got the following quote from an area dealer:

This is WINDOWS ONLY, no installation
$429 for each DH window that averages 36"w X 60"h

and $7.46 per UI for a casement window that is over 120 UI.

I have been told by the dealer that all the triple-pane Corona 4000 windows come with Krypton, but when I look at NFRC.org they show ratings for Corona 4000 triple pane with argon as well.

I told the dealer I needed the CPD # for the windows I would purchase, and I didn't exactly get a warm and fuzzy that he would readily provide it.

Any thoughts on the quote and any reasons why it should be difficult for a dealer to provide the CPD # of the products they sell?

Thanks in advance, I've learned lots on the forum already!

Ode
I got this Corona 4000 CPD # from my local Schuco dealer: SCH-M-16-00012. It was on the NFRC report he downloaded for me from the NFRC web site.

The casement CPD# is SCH-M-008...that came from a window label he showed me.

How'd you get the dealer to sell windows only? Where in the mid-Atlantic Region are you?

ode

Re: Is this a good mid-Atlantic Schuco quote?

#5 Post by ode »

Window_Shopper wrote:
I got this Corona 4000 CPD # from my local Schuco dealer: SCH-M-16-00012. It was on the NFRC report he downloaded for me from the NFRC web site.

The casement CPD# is SCH-M-008...that came from a window label he showed me.

How'd you get the dealer to sell windows only? Where in the mid-Atlantic Region are you?
Thanks for the info, I saw those CPDs on NFRC. If I can't get the same info direct from the dealer I'm going to be suspecious...

I'm in Maryland. It's a new construction project so I intend to install myself. Their quote to install new construction was such that it was apparent they didn't want the business and it's not worth haggling with them. My framer has lots of experience installing windows and I've done a few replacements myself.

Window_Shopper

#6 Post by Window_Shopper »

The only way to be sure is what InfoSponge recommended...
InfoSponge wrote:Make sure your contract states krypton windows, and check the NFRC sticker on the windows when the they arrive, since it will say krypton there.
What does your contract say, or have you not signed one yet? Better yet, if you haven't already signed the contract, put the CPD# you have in the contract and have them initial it! :D

Do they offer new contruction windows or can you adapt their replacements with nailing flanges? Or, are you building out the window openings with stops?

jjohay

#7 Post by jjohay »

Ode, which dealer in Maryland did you get your Schuco's from. I'm looking for some also, and I'm near Maryland. Thanks.

Delaware Mike

#8 Post by Delaware Mike »

jjohay,

You wouldn't be near the great little state of Delaware, would you? Just curious if anyone has the products south of me. Did you check with the contractors referral program for a dealer that has the products you are looking for?

chrisexv6

#9 Post by chrisexv6 »

Does Shuco sell a triple pane window that *isnt* Krypton filled? I was under the impression that they didnt. When I was dealing with the salesman my options were triple pane with krypton or double pane with argon.

If that is true, if you assume every triple pane has Krypton, just use a lighter to your left or right as you face the window and see if you see 2 or 3 reflections.

-Chris

re-re

#10 Post by re-re »

Schuco
Double Hung
5 - 39 x49
2- 30.5 x 51.5
3- 27.5 x 36.5

Picture - 67.5 x 51.5

Total 915 UI's Triple pane Krypton with screens

NE Sash averaged $14.10 per UI with install in Massachusetts.
$12,899 for the whole deal (5% sales tax)

We think it is over priced so we cancelled, they said they are sending some one out on Friday so we can sign the proper paperwork for cancellation.
We told them we don't want another five hour pitch, they said it was just to sign the paperwork, which we already did and faxed it to them.

We really want these quality windows with the warranty and NE Sash is the only dealer in New England.

What would be a comparitively Quality window to Schuco?

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#11 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Sounds like their trying to get back into your home and talk you into the windows again. And of course there well be some phony discounts. Your price is like being held up in a dark alley. Your spending too much time at this Schuco board. Ask for a quote from this site and do some serious shopping. After you've done this check back with your questions. Schuco is a great window and so are many others. Too many people that visit this site are lead to believe if you don't buy a Schuco, any other window well be crap in ten years. I've got single hung windows I put in a rental property 16 yrs ago with swiggle to boot and their doing fine and I paid a little over a hundred @ window so do yourself a favor and do some shopping.

jjohay

#12 Post by jjohay »

Delaware Mike,

Where can I find the contractors referral program for a dealer? I sent an email to schuco-usa 3 days ago..no response. I see Nu View in Virginia was used by a few folks on the forum, so I know they're near me. Thanks.

J

Delaware Mike

#13 Post by Delaware Mike »

J,

Should be on the right side of the page under the heading "Looking for a Great Quote?"