Window replacement options and prices

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HomeSealed

Re: Window replacement options and prices

#16 Post by HomeSealed »

marioana wrote:So we went with the first company, we submitted the architectural request to the association, and today I got a call from the contractor saying the association called them and asked them to increase the price on the windows. Have anyone heard of something like this?
Never... and frankly it sounds hard to believe. I'd reach out to the association and ask them. Unless there is some crazy weird circumstance that legitimizes this, this is not a good sign for things to come with this contractor.

marioana

#17 Post by marioana »

Actually I would rather believe the contractor than the association. We had major problems with the association, it took them over a year to convince them there was something wrong with our roof and to schedule an inspection and it is still not solved. Anyway we will see in a few hours, the contractor will be at our house to measure the windows and meet with someone from the board...

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

Understood, but if you look at what the reasoning could be and who stands to gain, it would be more likely the contractor. Why would the association care what you are paying? Frankly it is none of their business anyway. They only enforce the appearance.

marioana

#19 Post by marioana »

It seems the association was worried the price is too low for a full replacement. The contractor and be the association guy came in and they talked, it seems everything is clear now. We will see when we get the approval.