Search Function

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
LeakyWindows

Search Function

#1 Post by LeakyWindows »

Hello. Does this forum have a search function? The FAQ says there is a search function on the Board Index but I'm having trouble finding it.

I wanted to reread information about AAMA and other certifications but do not want to ask again. Thank you.

HomeSealed

Re: Search Function

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Blue bar at the top of the screen. Just to the right of "Get Assistance" is the search box. :D

Happy to answer any specific questions that you may have though.

For reference: "AAMA" is a brand name generally used to refer to the structural testing/ratings of a window. Think of Kleenex or Q-tips to describe tissue and cotton swabs (forgive me if those are region specific references). ANSI is actually the certifying body for structural test labs. AMMA is one lab, Keystone and NAMI are a couple of the other more common labs. Many window manufacturers large and small use those three. They are interchangeable in their function. The more commonly referenced ratings tested by them by consumers are Air infiltration and Design Pressure.

LeakyWindows

Re: Search Function

#3 Post by LeakyWindows »

Thank you! I have magnified my pages (bad eyes) so that was off screen. lol

Thanks also for reposting information about the testing labs!