Shopping for windows - American Window Systems?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
gti16vman

Re: Shopping for windows - American Window Systems?

#31 Post by gti16vman »

After reading through complaints about milgard, the quality concerns are obviously well founded. Even though we like the looks a little better on the milgard, it certainly seems that nt has a better track record.

If we go with nt, does it make sense to spend a little more on the optional dp upgrade?

randy

#32 Post by randy »

Since NT offers aluminum sash reinforcement as a standard feature, I wouldn’t both with it.

gti16vman

#33 Post by gti16vman »

This should be my last post for awhile on my window project until the install. After all of our quotes, changing designs, we ended up at the quotes between NT and the second Sunrise dealer. The NT were going to be triple pane on West and South sides, double everywhere else and the Sunrise Vanguard are with omega 12 low-e glass with low-e interior as well. Price difference was ~$2k (Sunrise dealer gave us a really good deal if we ordered this week), making it a no brainer that we go with Sunrise. I feel really good about our decision, especially with the big sliders, and Sunrise having stainless rollers. I feel good with the vendor who has a very good reputation, 130 A reviews on Angie's list, BBB accredited, and member of Good Contractors List as well. Just placed 50% deposit down, should have installation in four-six weeks or so.

So again, thanks for all the help, I feel like I know a lot about windows now, but I hope to not need that info again for a long time.
Last edited by gti16vman on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

randy

#34 Post by randy »

Thanks for the update. Sunrise is a great choice. Please let us know how things turn out after the installation.