Window Choices - Colorado

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TheWindowNerd

Re: Window Choices - Colorado

#16 Post by TheWindowNerd »

You could ask the contractor for a copy of the order confirmation, this would have the options listed.
When the windows arrive on site they normally have a tag on the exterior packaging that describes the ordered unit. Either take a picture of these or ask that the installers give them to you. Beware it is a little unusal and it may put the installer on edge as to being not trusted, but just casually explain you want to make sure you got the options that you wanted.

theWindowNerd.

Windows on Washington

#17 Post by Windows on Washington »

Chrisjen17 wrote:All,
My project is officially signed up and moving forward. I now have a new question.

So I bought 366-package windows for the west facing, plus the superspacer, reinforced meeting rails, etc. How do I actually verify this is what arrives? Will these items be listed on each window, a bill of lading, or what?

Thanks!
As stated, you can ask for a copy of the order as well as look at the NFRC label when the window arrives.

Solid advice from TheWindowNerd to be sure to explain your position so as not to unintentionally impugn the installer.

Chrisjen17

#18 Post by Chrisjen17 »

Thanks, gentlemen. I think getting a copy of the order is definitely the place to start to build out my file.
I am definitely not out to insult the contractor's integrity. I use to do construction inspections for the DOT while in college... and old habits die hard.