United 8000 series vs Anderson 400 series wood wright

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Qhazel

United 8000 series vs Anderson 400 series wood wright

#1 Post by Qhazel »

I received quotes from two installers one recommending the United 8000 series and the other the Anderson 400 series wood wright. Which one is the better Window?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: United 8000 series vs Anderson 400 series wood wright

#2 Post by masterext »

The united will be more energy efficient but i am not a fan of either. Is the andersen 400 series the woodwright or tilt wash? The tilt wash is flimsy in my opinion and kimd of looks cheap. The andersen also has a high air infiltration rating which isnt good.
The united 8000 is ok and an ok mid range. There are nicer looking and more efficient vinyl offerings for probably the same price point.
Did you see Okna windows or any of the higher end vinyl offerings?

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Same install method for both?
I do like the AW400 Woodwright.
If you are doing an insert type install then I would look at Okna or one of the other high performance vinyl units, also they tilt in much easier and have a better warranty.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

Typically one would choose to go wood or vinyl and then compare the products within that groups .
Comparing these units performance wise is pretty close with a basic argon low-E glass package. I not sure where to look get exact air infiltration numbers, Andersen list 0.20 or lower and I could not find any number on the 8000. I Masterext has them I would love to see them.
I would compare the 400 with other similar wood products and just eliminate the 8000 and look at some of the upper tiered vinyl Windows instead.
To answer the original question, I would say the Woodright is the better window just because I like it better .