Simonton 9800 vs 5500 cost difference???

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rick123

Simonton 9800 vs 5500 cost difference???

#1 Post by rick123 »

I am wondering if someone here could tell me the difference in cost between these 2 models. I'm not asking install cost or cost with options, just average wholesale price (what the contractor/installer will pay the distributer) cost difference between 2 similar size DH windows (basic models without any upgrades). $100 more, $200, etc.

I know many of the contractors/installers that we are fortunate to have participate here are reluctant to discuss pricing. I'm not necessarily looking for a dollar price, just a cost difference. An answer as a percentage would be fine (ie. 9800s are 30% more on average...). If it helps, I'm specifically looking to replace DHs measuring approx 28x50" in southern NH.

I just want to get an idea if I should even bother asking for a quote on the 9800s or just settle for the 5500s with some upgrades.

(I'm finding there is ALOT to learn about replacement windows! Seems very easy to get ripped off, especially with a bad install and /or a poor product. Gotta do the best you can to get as much info as you can PRIOR to actually talking to a window rep or contractor...)

Thanks,

Rick

rick123

#2 Post by rick123 »

This reply was posted to the same question on the Tim Johnson forum:
Rick
-------------------------
About $80.00 per a window more for the 9800, you should upgrade both windows to Super Spacer

Bill
Uneeda Window of NJ
-------------------------------