So confused on windows andd cost Austin, Tx

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Donna

So confused on windows andd cost Austin, Tx

#1 Post by Donna »

I live in Austin and need replacement of 30 year old windows, siding, and minor 2nd story deck repair. Have found 2 construction cos, and 1 window/siding (not deck repair) with excellent reviews.

Replacing: 9 36x58 windows single hung, 2 36x58 fixed glass windows, and 1 76x58 fixed glass window. I prefer narrow frame bk we have great view.

First contractor quoted 8,494.00 for Anderson 100 series, and the same price for Simonton 5500. I don't like the thick frame of the Simonton. The Anderson looks good, but the single hung window does not tilt in for cleaning; I do like the sharp edge of the seams vs the fusion weld on the vinyl windows. I could get a quote from this co. for the Milgard Tuscany, Hermosa, or Style Line. He seem to like Home Depot.

2nd contractor has "gone the extra mile" to get me a 2 window quotes. His first quote was 7570.00 for Mezzo windows. 9880.00 for Sunrise windows. I am assuming at this point they are the Sunrise Standard window. By "going extra mile": I asked him to see if he could get the sunrise window bk the company doing the Sunrise is Austin is awful. This 2nd contractor has never installed the Sunrise, but gets great reviews. Told me he was impressed with the window and may become a dealer.

3rd window/siding installer with good reviews (cannot repair deck) is quoting Simonton contractors window. I don't know what window that is nor have I gotten the quote.

I am so confused!! When I decided I needed to replace windows, I never thought it would be this hard.

Please help!

Windows on Washington

Re: So confused on windows andd cost Austin, Tx

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

There shouldn't be an foreseeable issues with the installer installing a Sunrise window that he previously has not.

As far as the selections go, the Andersen 100 isn't a bad window by any stretch and definitely better than some of the vinyl options that you have in your list.

My short list would be the 100 and the Sunrise.

randy

Re: So confused on windows andd cost Austin, Tx

#3 Post by randy »

I agree, Sunrise and the Andersen 100 are the best of what you’re considering presently. While Milgard is trying to get a good foothold in Texas, their products are average at best.