Great Lakes Uniframe, What should it cost

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Alacoyote

Uniframe Windows - What Should It Cost?

#16 Post by Alacoyote »

Had a Great Lakes sales person in my home last night. The Uniframe window does appear to be well constructed, as was the sales pitch.
Got a quote (after all applicable discounts) of about $13,000 for 21 DH plus a sunburst geometric. 13 of the DH are with grids, 8 without, all with triple pane/argon/LoE. Wrapping/capping included. The sales person said the geometric was about $600, so that would make the DHs about $590 each installed.

Compared to some of the quotes I've seen from people in the north/northwest (at $1000+ per window), this seemed considerably more reasonable, although some of those windows were different styles/sizes/etc. Still, this is about $4000 more than my quote for similarly configured Simonton 5500s (albeit with double-pane glass).

I realize that this is not an apples-to-apples comparison but if nothing else, gives an idea of how much prices can vary, especially by region.

Oh, and as I saw mention of weep-holes in the Simontons and its relation to the DP upgrade, the Great Lakes rep make a big deal of the fact that their window does not have a weep hole in the frame of the window and how that made it better because of the reduced chance for air infiltration.