3 Lite Sliding Windows [Replace center Glass]

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
durf

3 Lite Sliding Windows [Replace center Glass]

#1 Post by durf »

Hello, I have this window both sides slide and center fixed, have to remove center glass [broke] dont know how? Has two screws holding some kind of bracket on upper outside?

Its 5 degrees out right now so have to wait couple days to fiqure this out anyways.
Attachments
P4193148 (640x480).jpg
Its the center window on right, about 40 inch sq.
(234.69 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

Windows on Washington

Re: 3 Lite Sliding Windows [Replace center Glass]

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Many vinyl 3-Lite sliders will consist of a center picture window that is dropped into the frame and affixed via screws and angle brackets.

Any chance you can post up some pictures that are closer up? The best thing to do would be to remove the section and take to a glass shop where they can remake the section if you can't source the parts from the manufacturer.

durf

#3 Post by durf »

Windows on Washington wrote:Many vinyl 3-Lite sliders will consist of a center picture window that is dropped into the frame and affixed via screws and angle brackets.

Any chance you can post up some pictures that are closer up? The best thing to do would be to remove the section and take to a glass shop where they can remake the section if you can't source the parts from the manufacturer.

durf

#4 Post by durf »

HI, I can get better photo tomarrow, it does have some kind of bracket on upper outside with screws?
I am very handy with doing alot of things but windows was never one of them,lol,,,,.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

If you had the window installed contact the dealer, installer, or Mfg to find out the make size and glass type. Have the glass made then have someone glaze it for you.
Have you ever removed the sliding units?
The center basically does the same thing after you unscrew and remove those two stop brackets at the top.

durf

#6 Post by durf »

HI, Thanks alot for info, think I got this fiqured out, I bought this house 2 years ago so dont know where windows came from and cant for life of me find any name or number on them anywhere?
But with your help I think going to work out. I did find a place in town said make me windows up pick up next day so dont have to go threw those window comp. to do this. Thanks

durf

#7 Post by durf »

Heres a photo of the window if it helps??
Attachments
PC150927 (640x480) (2).jpg
(130.25 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
PC150928 (640x480).jpg
(165.01 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
PC150926 (640x480).jpg
(142.31 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Take out those brackets and it should slide left and right. At that point, you should be able to lift it up and out.

durf

#9 Post by durf »

THANK YOU ! very much, When it warms up some will tackle this now that I have a good idea what I am about to do.