Newbie question on the cost of replacement windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Saiyandt

Newbie question on the cost of replacement windows

#1 Post by Saiyandt »

We are looking to replace 20 windows in our home - we currently have the original wood. We have had a multitude of window sales/installers in and out of our home in the last several weeks and our heads are spinning. we like the idea of high quality vinyl ,double-hung. We have received a few quotes from Oka and Sunrise Restoration.

1. Okna 1800, 800, and 500 series at a price of $720.00, $630.00, and $575.00 respectively per window installed without grids. The window size is 31 X 74. The glass is low E, double pain with argon gas (triple for the 1800) series.

2. Sunrise Restoration series at a price $625.00

3. There are quotes from Renewal By Andersen and Thompson creek which are too high.

4. I also had quote for Alside Ultimate 2000 windows at a price $580.00

What do you think about the windows and the price? Which once should I go with ?

Thanks.

TheWindowNerd

Re: Newbie question on the cost of replacement windows

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Not knowing where you live, what the scope of work is, and your budget; I would go with the 800DX. If you want triple pane it can be added to the 800.

theWindowNerd...

Saiyandt

#3 Post by Saiyandt »

We live in Annadale Va area. Our budget is around 12k to 14k max. I heard Okna and Sunrise are very good. I am not sure What is the best I can get based on budget and those quotes. For the scope of work, it just replaces the windows, not doing the full replacement.

randy

#4 Post by randy »

With that budget, the Okna 500 may be more practical. You’d be better off doing the house in phases and getting a better window than going with an Alside product. Remember that installation is every bit as important (if not more so) than the product you choose. Windows on Washington is the very best company in the Virginia/DC area. If you haven’t spoken with them, I’d recommend giving them an opportunity to earn your business.

Saiyandt

#5 Post by Saiyandt »

@Randy: So I should go with Okna 500 for our budget ? With 20 windows and price around 575, that will be in our budget (12K).

I will give Windows Washington a call. Thanks.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to giving Windows on Washington a call. Top notch company.
Regarding the pricing, that is truly a steal on the 1800 series with triple pane. Any of the Okna choices will beat the Sunrise equivalent in the performance metrics, however all of those choices are good to excellent (except for the Alside which I'd drop from consideration)

randy

#7 Post by randy »

HomeSealed in correct.

I would talk to Windows on Washington first and see what they can do for you.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Saiyandt,

If you call the office, ask them to transfer you to me (Eric) directly and I would like to oversee your inquiry personally. Thank you.

Eric