Patio Doors

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
IWon

Patio Doors

#1 Post by IWon »

What is the difference between the okna forester door and the okna elegant door. I have been researching both, but oknas website say the same thing for both doors

Delaware Mike

Re: Patio Doors

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Same door, but the Forester has very attractive coped butt joints to the panels as opposed to 45-degree mitered and welded joints. This allows the to take on more of the appearance of a wood slider. The master frame is the same mitered and welded joints on both doors. You don't see as much of the master frame in comparison to the frames of the panels as they're lower profile and partially obscured by trim casings and floor transitional stop moldings.

The Forester sash panel joints like especially nice with the addition of woodgrain laminates. I have a perfectly fine 13-year ProVia 5' vinyl slider in my house that I'm replacing this year with a Forester as I want to do away with my dated vertical blinds and go with internal blinds on the door. The Forester is a slight up charge over the standard Elegante.

Windows on Washington

Re: Patio Doors

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Bingo.

Forrester is the must have option if you have some interior laminated.

Good movie too!