Simonton 5050 vs Vista Panorama vs Soft Lite Barrington

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Windows on Washington

Re: Simonton 5050 vs Vista Panorama vs Soft Lite Barrington

#31 Post by Windows on Washington »

We have definitely put in picture windows that are that large for the bottom section.

Each manufacturer is different, but that is a whopper of a window.

e90steve

#32 Post by e90steve »

So it's decision time...

The Okna 500 is obviously the better window. It's not that much more expensive for the double hungs. I can stomach the expense for those at ~150 more a window. Especially because the double hungs will be that much more efficient.

The deal breaker ends up being the large family room window and the half round with legs I have in the front. I'm looking at a 3k+ swing in pricing on those 2 windows (That's just doing picture windows no double hung mulled configuration).

My question is this. Is it incredibly tacky to do the picture windows in lets say a Simonton and then outfit the rest of the house in the Okna's? I figure the picture windows should have virtually no AI so the okna is overkill. I realize that the frames will look slightly different but the big window in the back has no other windows anywhere near it and the front is set apart from the others as well.

Those 2 Windows are $6,000 vs $3,000. Am I really going to see 3k difference in two picture windows.

The entire quote is a $5,200 difference Okna Vs Simonton (or Vista for that matter).

Windows on Washington

#33 Post by Windows on Washington »

You will want to stay with one vendor. For both visual and contractor consistency.

Have you talked to the Okna contractor and see what he can do?