Vinyl window replacement help

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
hollatom

Vinyl window replacement help

#1 Post by hollatom »

Hello
I need some help choosing replacement vinyl windows. Reading all of the reviews on this board is really helpful. I live in the Seattle area, Bothell specifically, and would like to have the whole house worth of windows replaced. A couple are large (over 80 inches), most would be sliders.
Can someone recommend a good installer? Also, rather than compare vinyl window models, if you could ask and get any reasonably priced vinyl window which would you ask for? Since we are just starting I figured it would be easier to just ask for a quote for the brand , model we wanted.
Thanks for your help!
TOM

Windows on Washington

Re: Vinyl window replacement help

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Tom,

Unfortunately, most of the board expertise when it comes to contractor recommendations and products are concentrated on the Eastern side of the Rockies.

Milgard the the most prominent in your area and does have a good reputation behind them.

Have you seen that window yet?

hollatom

Re: Vinyl window replacement help

#3 Post by hollatom »

I have noticed some of the brands mentioned are not sold in my area. But I figured some people on here must buy vinyl windows in the Pacific Northwest!

One installer said he would send us a quote for the Milgard Tuscany. He seemed to be pushing Lindsay windows but there is very little info online about them and the series he gave us a pamphlet on is not even mentioned.

TOM